Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did the Republicans pick now to revolt against their party leaders?

They could have broken with the Bush-bots over wiretapping, torture, runaway budgets and deficit spending, presciption drug bill, Alberto Gonzales, etc.....

why now?

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

I think they understand there is a middle class / working class revolution taking place. The middle class has had to deal with jobs going to Mexico, Jobs going to China, high gasoline prices, high prices of food, loss of health insurance, and more. The middle class voters think it's time the highly educated and highly compensated CEO's solved their own problems just like we had to.

Why did the democratic party pick now to revolt against the democratic party leadership ?

You know, the 40% of the democrats who told pelosi where to shove it .

Im just wondering, what programs would you be willing to cut, to stop the runaway budget ?

Because, even without the tax cuts, or the war in iraq.

That would still leave 75% of the deficit spending over the last 7 years.

One doesn't need kahunas to step up to Rush and he wouldn't accept such an attitude. Rush is the voice of Conservatism not the GOP party. I see a Mark Sanford, Tom Ridge, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich all as possible candidates!

Election November 4. They are hedging their bets on short term memory of the voting public.

But I will say this much based on how I feel. I had no problem then and no problem now with the wiretapping. And no problem either with torture. But I will agree with you on matters of the budget and reckless spending.

The word "conservative" is supposed to mean conserving the country and it's government, and the Bush Admin has been doing everything but that. What Bush et al actually is is fascist, like his father and grandfather who financed Hitler. Bush's family has always been sock puppets for the Illuminati and their agenda to destroy nation states to create a one world government where the Illuminati families can rule over slaves, like living on a plantation.

• ?

Because they constituents have spoken. The majority are against this bailout. I will personally vote against anyone that votes for this. I would rather have a bad year, than 10 bad years

I was hoping for a better democrat candidate in 2004, because I was not happy with Bush. John Kerry was just a lousy choice.

They "broke" over the issue of illegal immigration... why do you feel it's just NOW? Republicans are NOT "bots." Ergo, I disagree with the premise of your question.

Have a right-wing day.

because they know americans memories are short but not that short with elections weeks away they decided to do what the people wanted rather than what they were being told to do from higher ups and lobbyists - it is in the senate because their elections are farther off I believe - but I wont forget not this time and apologies will not be accepted - it is a mistake and everbody knows it -

Many of them are running for re-election and they know the people are tired of their antics. It is obvious that they only care about themselves or they would have done their job long ago and stopped the Bush disaster. Throw the bums out!!!!