1997 cadillac sts confused about the fuses lol ?

i purchased a 1997 cadillac sts and the power trunk and the gas release door doesn't work and i cannot find the fuses, to see if it does need to be replaced, if you would know where i can find them on this car, i need your help and thank you for reading this thanks

Best Answer

Cadillac models for 1997 consisted of Catera, Seville, DeVille, and Eldorado. There may have been some STS badging I suppose, but if so, it would probably refer to strictly a trim level or option package. The STS model name wasn't used until 2005.

I have copies of Owners Manuals for every Cadillac model from 1993-2005, but I would need to know which one I should look in. If you update that information here, and then e-mail me to let me know, I would be happy to check for you as best as I can.

Source(s): ASE Certified Tech

Normally the fuse box is located on the driver's side dash. It is generally a pull down panel or covered with a removable panel.

Check the owner's manual.

Try looking in the owners manual or go to your local auto parts store and purchase a repair manual for that car. You can also go to your local library and they usually have repair manuals there you can look through if you don't want to purchase one.

It sounds like you have burnt a "fusible link" in two somewhere. You will need a wiring diagram in order to locate the proper circuit and fusible link which supplies these items that no longer work.

Look in your owners manual if you have it and if you don't go talk to the caddy parts man and he will be able to steer you where they are.