Kora asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How do you justify a super power like the US leaving 50,000,000 + citizens without healthcare?

I am Canadian. I get free healthcare. I work very hard for a living but I don't have to pay exorbitant prices for medicine and treatments and I can choose my own doctor. So what's the problem? By the way, our taxes are not that high.

Favorite Answer

the answer in one word: CAPITALISM

what did you expect?

when you deregulate government controls over business, be it the financial sector or the health care industry, and then create a whole philosophy of "every man for himself" this is exactly what you get.

you get failing banks, foreclosed homes, massive mergers, and people dying because they can't even afford the hospital never mind regular check ups.

let me put it this way, health care companies, just like banks are businesses .... and the purpose of a business is not to educate, heal, care for fellow citizens, preserve the economy, create jobs, or anything else besides generate returns on their investments ....

the sole purpose of a business is to generate profit and because Americans have chosen to look to business for these essential tasks we have all been bent over the counter time and time again ...

and remember at least when you have governmental control of industry, like health care or banking, at least you get to vote on it ... when was the last time you got to vote on who was running Citibank or BlueCross/BlueShield ?

why is that so hard to understand?

ZAZA - they're forgetting multiple people who're in my undertaking. My kin's earnings is only over the shrink for medicaid, so we've not got that option and neither my or my husband's jobs grant well being care. So we are caught. overlaying a kin of four without having the alternative by using artwork is an outrageous value. And whilst my husband became into working for a employer who presented well being care, the month-to-month value became into over $800 - and we nonetheless had each and all the co-will pay and rates on good of that. For a kin of four making $3000 in step with month, that's only no longer obtainable to pay $800 in scientific coverage. no longer once you upload up the very own loan (modest value - no $3 hundred,000 residences right here), motor vehicle money (no longer something new via the way) motor vehicle/residing house coverage, utilities, groceries and different undemanding needs - the money only isn't there. All of those analysts say that we are making the choice to no be counted if or no longer we've well being care, yet somewhat we are actually not. that's feed the kin or pay for scientific coverage. What solid will coverage do us if we are homeless and starving?

its funny that you ask this question and the only responses you get are get off your *** and get a job. a lot of people in the US will put a price on anything including others lives and are so self absorbed they think anyone who doesnt work doesnt have the right to health cover. thats how they justify it. the US is the only western nation without free health care though. from that its pretty obvious which system is broken.

im just glad i get free health care and the best bit about it is the taxes we pay in australia for everyone to receive free health care are around about 50% less than what people pay for health insurance in the US. so then with the money thats saved there people can still get private health care if they so choose. ah well the US is the one with the catching up to do no one else.

its also funny to see how americans view other peoples life. im glad that my taxes go towards helping less fortunate people than me. least they wont be stealing constantly for food and wont be left to die if they get ill but hey guess us "socialists" are just nicer people at the end of the day

I have 2 health care plans. (One from me and one from my wife). I get free prescription and have only a 15 dollar co pay. Oh, I don't have to wait months to be seen. All I can say is that make sure you go to school and get a good job.

By the ways, if you are Canadian, why are you here? Don't you have a Yahoo answers Canada?

Nobody's "leaving" anyone without health care.

Any ER you go into will care for you. You cannot be denied health care based on ability-or non-ability-to pay.In this country you can still get excellent health care when you need it-just ask all the illegal aliens who come into this country year after year and manage to do just fine-on your dollar. By the way, I think your figures are a tad inflated. If you're hinting that "universal" health care is the way to go,consider this: many people needing serious health care (say, heart surgery or cancer treatment) wait months on end for treatment and many die while waiting to be treated in countries that have universal health care. Anyone that tells you Obama will get you "free" health care is a liar."Free" health care will be paid for on the backs of the working americans,just like medicaid ("free" health care for welfare recipients) is right now.Please educate yourself;you'll be better for it.

No justification needed.

I don't have health insurance, and I don't want it.

It's called "freedom of choice".

(You would have a better chance of making a point if you didn't use intentionally inflated numbers and rigged questions. Never in the history of the world has health care been a RIGHT provided by someone else. To do so is ludicrous. It's the ultimate show of weakness when a person demands to be taken care of by a total stranger free of charge.)

Given the choice have a car given to you for free, or a car you buy, which would you assume would be the more desirable?

Easy it is not in the constitution, it is is not a right and look what government has done to social security, medicaid, welfare, education and every other thing that it has gotten it's hands on.

• ?

you mean citizens that would rather drive 40,000 dollar cars, have cell phone bills of over 100.00 dollars a month, cable bills of 150.00 dollars a month? most companies offer great prices on health care. many employees would rather it be given to them. well, not with my tax dollars.

Because the other 280 million don't want to pay for someone else especially illegals and lazy people who don't want to work.