Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is the Salvation Army a denomination? Do you know anyone who is a member? What do they do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was brought up in the Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army is a denomination and founded by William Booth.

Here is a link for the history and what they do.

http://www1.salvationarmy.org/heritage.nsf/0/c2af0...

Their main aim is outreach and ministry and practical help to those who are under privileged.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It started off as a denomination, but transitioned into helping the poor.

They do good work, but still emphasis a requirement of belief.

They are one of the few Christian organizations that actually focus on helping the downtrodden above supporting their wealthy membership.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes they are one of the 30,000 plus Protestant Denominations. As for there worship i have no real idea other than they help the needy and some of there Religious beliefs such as Acceptance of some degree's of Abortion i find contrary to God and life.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, they are a christian denomination, and can get cultish at times, however their primary focus is good works; everything from thrift shops, to collecting and distribution of goods, to disaster relief services...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.