Why are the most irrelevant things focused on?

On Yahoo Answers (see Politics section), debates on TV, news, and hearing other people's opinions, why is it the most irrelevant things are mentioned so much? I mean, I hear lots on so-and-so being a smoker, or what they did in college, Mr. or Mrs. Candidate being dumb just because, or what their kids do, I mean who cares!? Leave the mudslinging between the candidates. Shouldn't voting and choosing a new leader be about what they have planned for the country, or how it's going to be run? Why is it the most irrelevant things are focused on?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some of us try:

Obama tax plan is not going to change the tax rate on the middle class

Under the Bush tax cuts a single person making 36k receives $396 making 50k receives $819 on average. Obama plan would cut taxes for 95% of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples

Repealing a portion of the Bush tax cuts for families over $250,000 while continuing to leave their tax

rates at or below where they were in the 1990s:

Ordinary Income: The top two income tax brackets would return to their 1990’s levels of 36% and

39.6%. All other tax brackets WOULD REMAIN as they are today. Obama would also restore the 1990’s

levels for the personal exemption and itemized deduction phaseouts (known as PEP and Pease).

Obama would work with the Treasury Department to adjust the thresholds of these rates slightly to

ensure that no married couple making less than $250,000 (or single making less than $200,000) was

affected by these changes.

Capital Gains: Families with incomes below $250,000 will continue to pay the capital gains rates

THAT THEY PAY TODAY. For those in the top two income tax brackets – likewise adjusted to affect only

families over $250,000 – Obama will create a new top capital gains rate of 20 percent.

• routh
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

"usa" isn't specializing in those issues - Congress is. they are not us. have self belief me, maximum individuals could like job creation. the element is, Congress is corrupt. they do no longer concentration on job creation with the aid of fact they are too busy doing insider paying for and advertising and taking money from particular pastime communities preferring the roles bypass foreign places with the aid of fact there is greater fee-effective exertions to be stumbled on there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There not irrelevant..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.