Parents with children who have HFA . . . advice please?

My son is five and has HFA. On the standardized tests he receives for speech he is operating at age level with the exception of sequencing. I was allowed to review the test once he had taken it . . . and the questions that were marked wrong all had a similar theme . . . and bare with me because this can only be... show more My son is five and has HFA. On the standardized tests he receives for speech he is operating at age level with the exception of sequencing.

I was allowed to review the test once he had taken it . . . and the questions that were marked wrong all had a similar theme . . . and bare with me because this can only be described by example . . .

One of the questions was does afternoon come before morning or night . . . my son answered "both" which is technically correct but obviously not the answer they were looking for . . .

Another question asked my son to put four pictures in sequential order. The correct sequence was first the dog got dirty, second the boy prepares a bath, third the boy gives dog a bath, fourth the boy hugs the clean dog . . . my son could not complete this because the boy technically could have hugged the dog before or after the bath

So, even though my son is technically correct, how do I encourage him to just give the obvious answer . . . how do you explain to a child that sometimes the dumbest answer is best. . .?

And what type of thought is this . . .?