Here is my dessert plan…please help me come up with a good fruit or vegetable to use if you don't mind :)?

Something kinda gourmet please.

Ok So I’m going to make some toffee out of burnt sugar and cream. Take a square of phyllo pastry and use toffee in the place of butter, brushed between the layers. Take the squares and put them in a muffin tin and bake so as to create cups out of them.

Filling: Cream cheese mixed with whipped cream and pumpkin pie filling with pumpkin pie spices. I’ll put this in the cups, but I kinda wanted to spoon some fruit into the bottom of the cup first.

So the question is, what kind?? I was thinking of mulling some pears in white wine….then adding the filling then topping with the leftover toffee.

What are some of your ideas?

Thanks for the help!

• kitkat
    Favorite Answer

MMMMmmmm that sounds yummy! Pears would be good. I don't know if putting fruit in there would be too many different flavors going on. The pumpkin pie like filling sounds like it could stand alone. Maybe only garnish with fruit? But what fruit goes good with pumpkin pie as well as toffee.... nothing comes to mind except people associate cranberries with pumpkin pie. Those have too much zing though. I'd stick with mild fruits like pears for fruit on the bottom, but for garnish go with maybe raspberries. Good luck!

The style of the tomato might want to be complicated. yet there are key issues to word. it may genuinely be considered a vegetable and a fruit at the same time counting on which context it truly is in. Scientifically, that's considered a fruit as a results of the undeniable fact that's genuinely the ovary enclosed with seeds that got here from a coming up flower. even with the undeniable fact that, as a results of its culinary utilization, because it does no longer have the common "sweet" style of maximum different culmination, it truly is continually labeled as a vegetable. that's extremely usually served with different vegetables particularly than with culmination or sweet cakes. even with the undeniable fact that, some favor using the clinical definition at the same time as cooking, even with it no longer being prepared as a fruit. also, the U. S. ideally suited courtroom declared the tomato as a vegetable in trouble-free words on the actual shown actuality that that's used extremely usually as a vegetable at the same time as it includes paying a tax lower than a tariff act. for this reason, some "vegetables" at the same time with cucumbers and squashes are also culmination in accordance to clinical definition.

Rather than fruit, since the pumpkin and toffee are flavorful on their own, how about toasted walnuts? You could also garnish the top with a few toasted walnuts to hint at the walnuts inside.

• Anita

Fruits. Bananas are my favorite. btw did you know that tomatoes are the #1 selling fresh fruit? true beans

The pears sound perfect! I cant think of a better fruit to use

Sounds like you're well ahead of me!

Apples? =]

kiwi?

peach =D