what are your religious opinions on the idea of cloning humans?

im writing about it for religion class, but would like to see other peoples opinions. im not religious at all btw, i just go to a catholic school. im pretty much saying that God did not intend for us to do so and that cloned humans would have no soul (God's divine breath creates soul , right?) . it would be against mankind and blablahbal...

Favorite Answer

The Catholic Church has the highest regard for human life and human dignity from the beginning of life at conception until natural death.

Human cloning, that is the creation of a human embryo through scientific means, does injury to the dignity of humanity. Will these children be brought up in loving families or treated as laboratory experiments or sources for spare parts?

Will these children be treated as required in Article 7.1, Convention on the Rights of the Child, United Nations General Assembly, 1989: The child shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and. as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by his or her parents.

http://html.knowyourrights2008.org/media/pdfs/crc_...

Every human being is entitled to human rights including cloned human embryos. If created, they should be treated with the same rights and respect of any other human being as a child of God.

The Catholic Church is not just against cloning, it is pro-life in the widest sense. This is often called a "Consistent Ethic of Life."

This pro-life stance stresses the highest regard for dignity of human life including that of:

- All people in objecting to unjust war and nuclear arms.

- The unborn in objecting to to abortion, in fitro fertilization, frozen embryos, embryonic stem cell research, and cloning

- The elderly, sick and dying in objecting to assisted suicide and euthanazia

- Prisoners in objecting to the death penalty

- The poor and minorities in supporting social justice issues.

For more information, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church, sections 2270 and following: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sect2chpt2a...

and: http://www.usccb.org/prolife/issues/bioethic/index...

and: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_acade...

With love in Christ.

I don't think they should do it until they're 100% certain there will be no physiological problems, like they had with Dolly the sheep.

Then again I'm also against animal testing, but how else would they be able to become 100% certain?

I don't think there's any need for human cloning anyway. However for cell cloning for medical reasons, such as stem cell cloning, I see no reason how that could be wrong.

BTW, I'm not religious so I can't give a religious opinion. And that's essentially what you want. But I thought you could benefit from an atheist's perspective :)

Anything biological can be cloned

Including food, body parts, organs, ect.

To be against cloning is like saying

"I'd rather have to LOOK for my resources, and keep paying ridiculous prices for food, surgeries, and everything else."

Do you know what supply & demand are? The concept that decides the value of anything in the world?

Imagine if supply was no longer an issue, where food could be handed out for free on street corners, and organ transplants wouldnt take 5 years on a waiting list to recieve?

Pipe dreams as long as "something" is holding humanity back.

I don't think humans CAN be cloned yet, and I highly doubt a clone would really be concerned with anyone's religious opinion. Lets not cross bridges until we come to them, okay?

• mytych

the regular reason that could want to promote clinical learn into the nature of human cloning is, it truly is in no way been finished before. without difficulty, we do not understand the first element about what a "actual" human clone might want to be like. we are able to speculate depending upon incomplete fashions at the same time with pseudo-clones at the same time with human twins. Even right here, twin learn advise a great deal of commonality between twins even at the same time as separated at delivery and raised aside. If we are able to locate that style of wakeful commonality between mere human twins, what can we anticipate to take position between a real human clone and their genomic donor? much better, i think. because human expertise is the style of complicated phenomenon, their is extremely likely to be much better targeted on its nature than purely mere neural connections and biochemical tactics. Quantum mechanics advise that expertise is as a results of the quantum wave purposes, at the same time with entanglement; it signifies that as a real human clone matures, they and their genomic donor would develop into one and a similar expertise; one and a similar man or woman. This, and this concept on my own, should be sufficient to inspire clinical experimentation and exploration into this skill phenomenon. If actual, human cloning will be the single most suitable pathway for effectively extending the functional human life span. people have the right to understand this stuff. No employer or equipment has the right to disclaim people the actuality. Why we would want to continually clone people: first and maximum ideal, to benefit about human nature and human expertise; and, to maintain worth human minds. Why we shouldn't clone people: there is not any longer a unmarried "rational" reason no longer to totally develop the human cloning phenomenon. some say that scientists aren't any further attracted to human cloning. that's no longer precisely actual. what's actual even with the undeniable fact that is that if you're a operating in course of researcher and also you anticipate to proceed operating on your container of interest, you'll better proper bypass alongside with the pervailing unwell cautioned public frame of mind or, you is honestly no longer operating in technological knowledge for extraordinarily a lot longer. that's exactly why scientists take the region they do in this difficulty. And that's a rattling shame that lack of expertise is authorized to dominate in that way, for my area.

I don't think it is religiously wrong to clone another Human. As for that clone having a soul, they will have one. Because without one they are not alive.

I am pretty sure that if God wants humans to have the power to clone he will allow it to happen. If not maybe they will not be funtionable, I kinda believe it is wrong .

I'm not aware of any church planning to clone anyone. Therefore I see no reason for them to get involved. If they can prove to me /I/ have a soul, then they can start worrying about clones.

No opinions.

We should not form an opinion on something we don't know about.

That's like asking what's your opinion on using computerized PCR reactions while there is a big loss in recombination associated with imprecision in selection of primers.

The christians despise cloning, unless it is jesus you are cloning, in which case it is cool beans.