stripedbook asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

what kind of people would abandon a pet at the side of the road?

Or drive the pet and throw them out of the car in a different part of the city, or drop them off in a forest? or put them in a box and put them in the river? I work at an animal shelter and hear this all the time. WHY do people do this? What is wrong with them?

Favorite Answer

Many people lack of having a heart, and see animals as stupid, with no feelings so it wont matter.

others cant afford them any more, or they become ill and cant afford the Vet.

some people rather dump them then face a shelter of feeling guilty.

So many people buy pets and dont realize how much they actually cost to keep, how much time they take up.

many get a dog that doesnt suit them.

many people do and think stupidly, but one thing is if Vets weren't so expensive, less animals wouldnt end up dumped and in shelters.

ive stopped vaccinating my rabbits as i have no job and cant afford it, but iva had a scare and now im getting them vaccinated on Tuesday.

but i love them so much so i'll do it, but it were a person with no heart wouldt care if it got the disease, and if it got sick wouldnt see a vet because there so expensive.

Vet prices need to be dropped. im taking my rabbits to Vet at a shelter so the money goes towards rescue of animals.

i love animals and its a shame that many end up dead and not having a good life due to heartless people.

Source(s): Rabbit Owner for 12 years

They must be compete pricks. I work at a native wildlife shelter here in Aus and I hear alot of things like that too. People hit animals withtheirr cars and don't even check the pouch or move it off the side of the road. Or people illegally buy native animals as pets and when they grow up, can't handle them, so they end up in the shelter, too domesticated for release. I just can't believe what kind of poeple are in this world...

because these people are the lowest as they can get. they have no life and feel no pain most people feel sumthing out of doin this they say you start on animals and work your way up to humans.

i think its disgusting and sad. wouldnt you rather put them in a kennel then chukin them in a river etc, i know puting them in a kennel isnt good either but its alot better then puting them in a river.

i get so mad and angry when i hear about people who do this i went to school with a guy who used to break chikens necks i went to the police and all he got was a slap on the wrist but now his in jail for life for killing his 2 year old daughter and you guessed it he broke her neck.

so these people are scum and dont diserve to live. the poor animals.

it makes me sad thining about it. :'(

Source(s): animal lover.

I have never done it b/c i am not dumb enough to impulse buy a pet

HOWEVER

If I had some animal i didn't like for instance a ferret. How I ended up with a ferret is besides the point but I wouldn't care about it. Far as I am concerned it has two options die now and go in tomorrows trash or I release it and give it a chance.

If it bit me or something it is tomorrows trash otherwise I'll give it a shot.

Although I wouldn't let it loose by some chicken farms and have em eat the farmers product. If ferrets eat chicken i dunno...

They got bored, lost a job, can't control, unwanted litter...You name it. My sister found a whole litter of kittens that were thrown off a bridge while she was walking her dog. She spent many months trying to find homes for them.

I also rescue animals in my area, as we live hours apart. These people should be shot!

the type of people who do that are the type of people that should die a painful death

Selfish,stupid, cruel, lazy.ake your pick.

people who don't know the meaning of responsibility.. they do that to babies too

• C S

A f*ckin lowlife

******* dipshits

animals dont deserve to be treated that way:(

they do thiss because they dont give a **** about them

its wrong

and thats why its iligal to abuse a animal:)

but idk mental problem?