Canadian - Do I need dual citizenship if I want to work in the USA?

I'm planning on going to university and study computer animation for movies and such. Then, I'd like to move somewhere where I can be discovered or where I'd get good offers, that's when I realized that the USA would be an option. If I'm Canadian, do I need dual citizenship to get a job and buy a house in the USA? Also, if I ever decided to go to university in the USA, do I need dual citizenship? Thanks a lot! (Does it depend on the state?)

Chocolate Chip


Do you mean "permanent" as in "forever", or do you mean "permanent" as in "longer-than-rent"?

3 Answers

  • Lex
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, you just need a work permit or to become a permanant resident.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    the real question right this is the confirm who's the youngster of this grandmother. That confirm is a US citizen and has been with the aid of fact that beginning. yet while that confirm hasn't lived interior the U. S., then the citizenship can not be handed directly to you. In different phrases, if this is so, then you definately will could word for naturalization like a number of different Canadian

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    No, you do not need citizenship for any of those things.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.