Did she choose him over me?

It all started on my 18th birthday. I had a big party and I invited tons of my friends,even my best friend I knew for 16 years. Well she has a boyfriend and they have been together almost a year and we hate each other for something in the past.She told him she was going to my party and he told her if she goes he wouldn't talk to her and he would be mad at her for going to see me on my birthday.So she called me up and told me she wasnt going because her mom said no...(which she lied) It was her boyfriend told her not to.Now am I wrong or was she?

Favorite Answer

SHE WAS WRONG. IF SHE IS A "TRUE FRIEND", SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. NO MAN OR WOMAN IS WORTH THE LOSE OF A GOOD FRIEND. SO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BETTER DAYS ARE COMING.

I think that you have the right to be upset because she lied to you. However, if she really cares about this guy, she has to take his feelings into account as well. If she would have told you that she was going to choose to respect her boyfriend's wishes, would you have been more understanding or would your feelings have been hurt anyway?

Why don't you, your BFF, and her hunny all sit down and talk? Why don't you and him try to come to some kind of resolution about the past? If he's going to be a fixture in your friend's life, your birthday may not be the last time you have a problem like this. If you guys can work past whatever grudge you're holding against each other, things will run a lot more smoothly for all of you.

Honestly- - - you have a right to be mad at her that isnt right at all. Confront her about it though, tell her your her friend and you understand she has a boyfriend, and even though you dont like him you respect him for her, but not if she isnt going to treat you like you deserve, after all 16 years is a longg time

• julia

All girls get influenced by their boyfriends. Obviously, your friend probably isn't going to stay with her current boyfriend forever. So maybe you should just forgive her for now, and later, once she gets out of the relationship, you could tell her your thoughts. Don't be too hard on her. =]

Neither. He was. Whatever problems he has with you, he shouldn't come between you and your friend. If he's going to dictate who your friend can hang around with, she should dump him now. I'm sure he has friends that she doesn't like. Does she tell him he can't see them?