Caribbean or Mexico in December?

Im 16 and plan to take a short vacation with my 27 year old aunt.. from around december 15th to december 19th and I haven't exactly decided on a location yet.

Does anyone know any cheap place in either the Caribbean or Mexico i could go to from Canada? Where would you go?

Favorite Answer

Mexico isn't the warmest place in December and January (from experience), still sunny but not as hot as other Caribbean islands, such as St Lucia, St Marten or Aruba for example.

I went to Cozumel in January and the weather was about 24 to 26 degrees on average days and at night it was more chilly and got a few rainy days.

I also went to Aruba in January and I had 30 degrees and up every day, with no rain. It was absolutely the perfect weather. Out of the 2 weeks that I was there, I got 1 day that was a bit cloudy.

If you chose to go to Mexico, go to Cozumel. Very nice and friendly place and very safe. You can rent a scooter and go around the island and discover on your own.

Leaving from Canada you should start looking now and book it as soon as you see a sale because in December prices start to go up. Look on orbitz.ca, flightcentre.ca, belairtravel.ca and compare prices.

It definitely depends on what type of vacation you're looking for. If you want to party, go to Cancun. I like the Riviera Maya part of Mexico for the large all-inclusive resorts but it can get a little chilly at night. This part of Mexico is anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes south of Cancun and we go there quite frequently. Our favorite resort is the Festival Palladium Grande.

If you are from the Western part of Canada, consider Cabo San Lucas. No need to go all-inclusive here as there are many great shops, bars and resturants. If you go here, it is best to stay in one of the time share types of resorts within walking distance of town.

Aruba is a great choice if you want to be able to drink the water anywhere you go and wish to avoid a language barrier. It is a relatively affluent island nation and very welcoming.

Another good choice would be the American or British Virgin Islands. It is another safe and beautiful destination.

Source(s): Personal experience.

It depends on what you want to do. Personally, I love the Cayman Islands. There are white sand beaches, snorkeling, swimming with stingrays, postcards from Hell, and the turtle farm.

If you want something on the mainland I would suggest Belize. Ambergris Caye is a tiny little town where you can go snorkeling on shark ray alley, eat jerk chicken, see dolphins, and even take a day to go river cruising. Also Belize City has one of the best Zoos in the world, basically you walk through an enclosed walkway as the animals go free.

Depending on what airport you are leaving out of but check this website under vacation packages Canada and fill out the info dates place etc and a bunch of packages will come up they include flight hotel transfers and most are all inclusive meaning your food and drinks are included in one price. Domincan is cheap Punta cana has prettier beaches but Puerta Plata is cheaper.. Varadero Cuba is another good spot and Caye Coco redhotescapes.com

How about both! I just took a cruise to the caribbean in august and we went all over in mexico and in the caribbean. great rates too. try the website cruises.com!!!!!!!! i had an awesome time. good luck and have fun!

• ?

México is likewise area of the caribean, the "Mayan riviera" promises a brilliant form of places like Cancún, Puerto Aventuras, Playa del Carmen... So i might take that decision. verify on that and additionally you have a superb journey.