What is the best Bhagavad Gita?

Namaste.

i used to read one that i had borrowed but i do not remember which it was.

which is the best one to buy?

i dont mean "best" as in competition, i mean as far as the translations are concerned.

i see a lot of them and i'd like to purchase one but honestly i get confused with everything and all the different types.

also it would help if someone explained the whole idea to me (haha) i do understand that they are sutras and stuff but it seems like theres more to it.

thanks in advance for your help

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Start off by reading the ISKON one and then you can after that buy others and compare and contrast...

• 1 decade ago

Not an easy question to answer, but here goes:

The Bhagavad Gita (500B.C) encompass the whole spiritual struggle of the human soul, and the three central themes of this immortal poem - Love, Light and Life - arise from the symphonic vision of God in all things and of all things in God.

It is a highly illuminating work.

Therefore, it should not matter which translation you choose, they should all be equally good.

• 1 decade ago

Try this site:

http://krishnastore.com/bhagavad-gita-as-it-is-197...

This is the best Translation. With sanskrit and purports.

It is also used in Universities all over the world.

Author: His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Srimad-Bhagavatam

Bhagavad-gita As It Is

Life Comes from Life

The Science of Self Realization

Nectar of Instruction

Krsna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead(Krsna Book)

Srila Prabhupada letters, Lectures, Conversations

Caitanya Caritamrta

"We request you to chant HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE, and your life will be sublime."

Further readings please try this site:

http://krishnastore.com/compact-30-volume-srimad-b...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

seek Jesus first forget that bhagavad stuff that stuff is evil my dad was in that he finaly saw the light and got out.. thank you jesus christ for showing my dad the truth and the light..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.