CHANGING THE TRANSMISSION FLUID?

I HAVE A 1997 CADILLAC STS WITH A 32 VALVE NORTH STAR ENGINE THAT IS 4.6L AND I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION FLUID, I WAS LOOKING FOR A DRAIN PLUG BUT COULD NOT FIND IT, IF THERE IS NO DRAIN PLUG DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE FILTER AND GASKETS? THANKS FOR READING THIS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP THANKS AGAIN

Best Answer

there is no drain plug. you have to drop the pan to drain it and yes by all mean change the filter and put a new gasket on. i like fel-pro gaskets myself. if they have them ask for the rubber gasket, i like them better then the cork gasket.

yes you will have to change the gasket and filter. though the experts can now use a pressure feed via the transmission line that goes to the heat exchanger near the front of the radiator. by doing that they actually get all the trans fluid out, even what is in the torque converter.

when you drop the pan and filter the torque convertor still has a couple of litres in it. so my suggestion would be take it to the experts.

good luck

No there is no drain plug but you can put one in there, once you have the pan down and old gasket removed drill a hole and put the bung in there.

NOPE!!

There is no drain plug. you have to remove the pan,replace the strainer and gasket,then replace the fluid.

"BRILLIANT"!!!!