XP stop error, how do I access my hard drive,help please!?

I know this is a bit long but please read. I have a stop error ever since shutting my comp down because of a storm. When I reboot I boot to the same blue screen with the Stop error. I cannot run CHKDSK /F because if I try to select the option safe mode or to go to command prompt I always end up at the blue... show more I know this is a bit long but please read.
I have a stop error ever since shutting my comp down because of a storm. When I reboot I boot to the same blue screen with the Stop error. I cannot run CHKDSK /F because if I try to select the option safe mode or to go to command prompt I always end up at the blue screen.
I was able to hit F12 and run a diagnostics and I am getting 3 drive read errors.
Thing is when I ordered my Dell I had to pay a separate amount for disks so I opted not to buy the disks so the only option I had to recover was the system restore, I cannot access this. I called Dell and they are shipping me the disks for free, hurrah!!

But, and here is the but... like many I did not back up any photos or documents on my hard drive, I know I am a big silly huh hum.
Please can anyone help me with any way I can possibly get to my photos and documents,this is all i care about.

My disks will be here in 2-3 bus days. I have ordered a new hard drive and it will be here on november 5th. Is there any way I can set up my other hard drive as slave and access my photos..oh so many photos...yes I have kicked myself very hard. I should know better. My daughter also has been working on a project which she needs ASAP as well.

Are there any other ways of getting to my data??

Thank you so much in advance.