Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

aeeeeerosmith song help :)?

i neeed a thorough meaning of the song "don't wanna miss a thing" by the obvvvious aerosmith .. it's for an assignment and i reallly can't find any info on it. i know the song its self explanatory but i need to explain it! thank you in advanccce :) and ps. i havvve already tried songmeanings.net!

Favorite Answer

This was featured in the movie Armageddon, which starred Steven Tyler's daughter, Liv Tyler. U2 were originally asked to perform this song for the movie - the idea for Aerosmith performing it only came after Liv was cast. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

This was by far Aerosmith's biggest hit. It was #1 US for 4 weeks. It was also their first #1 song. (thanks, Paige - Dallas, TX)

Diane Warren wrote this song, which is about treasuring every moment spent with another person. Some other hit songs Warren wrote include "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship, "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher, "When I See You Smile" by Bad English, and "I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)" by Meat Loaf.

This won the 1999 Nickelodeon Teen Choice Award for Love Song Of The Year.

Aerosmith performed a snippet of this at the halftime show of the 2001 Super Bowl, before going into "Walk This Way" along with N'Sync, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, and Nelly.

Steven Tyler injured his knee the day before shooting the video. He wore a brace for the shoot, but couldn't move much. They used a lot of close up shots to compensate.

In a 2008 survey conducted by the cable music channel Magic TV, this was voted by its UK viewers as the nation's favorite love song.

i could ought to concur with the Phantom in this one - appears like a reeeeal stretch to me. i became into gonna do the full Joan Redfern speech, yet that's been nicely lined. I reckon IF each and all the 10th document companions seem interior the appropriate episode, it might in basic terms be some thing like what handed off with the fourth and 5th docs, the place we see interior their minds for the time of regeneration and each and all the companions they have had are shown. (That does no longer have worked for Eccleston of course, he in basic terms had the single 'actual' better half (no longer counting Captain Jack)). yet because of the fact the Phantom's pronounced, I reckon the sunlight have been given carry of thoroughly the incorrect end of the stick and ran with it. Now, on the actually business enterprise of Donna being River music...why? Why could this even enter the minds of the writers? you have have been given 2 significant women, why could they be certainly in basic terms be one woman? And why could you stretch the temp from Chiswick right into an area-traveling archaeologist? I do exactly no longer see it, for my section - strikes me as an better half variation of a ailment that seems to have struck Who-followers in contemporary times - Fob-Watch Fever - constantly desiring some thing to be extra complicated and singular than it ought to be ;o)

the song is about treasuring every moment with someone and not taking it for granted