Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What should I buy at the grocery???? (healthy foods for loosing weight)?

I'm making a goal to loose 15 pounds in 2 months.

I need an eating plan, because I always over eat after school, a lot.

I'm going to the grocery and wondering what healthy foods I can get that taste good, and that I can put in lunches or eat as a snack. (that also fill me up but aren't a lot of calories)

Could you give me a list of meats, cheeses, veggies, fruits, brands of soups, anything??

Also is there any microwaveable things out there that are healthy and not a lot of calories.

Thankyou so much if you could help! :D

also a list of drinks i should buy, and recipes to make for lunches :)

Favorite Answer

Here's some ideas for simple weight loss:

First, get smaller plates. Most dinner plates these days are huge.

Next, plate your food as follows, 1/2 the plate vegetables, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrates. Fruit on the side or for snack.

Eat less, and more often. Instead of three big meals, three small meals with three snacks in between.

Shop in the outer sections of the supermarket. That's where the healthy foods are. The junk is in the middle.

Read the labels.

Go for items with higher dietary fiber. If you eat pasta, get whole wheat pasta. It has more fiber, plus I think it tastes better.

Fats: You need them to process vegetables, so don't cut them out. Besides they help make many things taste better. Just cut way back. Also check and make sure the are unsaturated fats. That will help your cholesterol levels. The fats you want are usually the ones that are liquid at room temperature, but completely avoid trans fats. Trans fats are near liquid, but they are saturated fats and are REALLY bad for you.

DO NOT CUT OUT SWEETS. By trying to cut them completely, you end up binging on them, then regretting it later.

When you eat carbs, have some protein with them. That keeps your blood sugar levels even. Even if your not diabetic, your blood sugar levels can still fluctuate and cause problems.

Condiments such as mayonnaise and butter. Do not use the light or low-fat varieties. Just learn to use less. That way, if you go out and the light variety is not available, you're used to to it and don't go overboard.

If you do binge, do not get discouraged and go back to old habits. Say "oh well, tomorrow's a new day," and get back on that horse.

Walk every day, at least twenty minutes. Not a casual stroll, but a determined walk.

Realize that this is a life change, not a diet. Diets don't work.

Source(s): This is advice I got from nutrition classes I had to take before getting gastric bypass surgery. Following these methods, I lost weight and decided to forego the surgery.

First of all- stay away from prepared foods microwave or otherwise! At the grocery store you should stay on the outside isles if you really want to eat healthy. I have lost 80 pounds and trust me it is not easy!

No white bread- you want 100 percent whole wheat bread. Look at the label, if it has enriched flour in it- do not eat it. You want brown rice no white rice. Use

'I cannot believe it is not butter spray" instead of regular butter. Eat fresh vegis and fruits. Use ground turkey or extremely lean ground beef. And of course- do not fry your food! Your calorie intake should be your weight times 7. Eat every four hours instead of once or twice a day. A great snack is sugar free jello (10 calories) or a piece of fruit. They do have sugar free candies but try to stay away from them because they have other things that are not good for you. Eat right but you should make sure you exercise as well. Good luck!

Hey girl! I started a healthy eating plan and want to lose weight in 3 months.

These are some foods im eating

Salads with tuna and low fat italian dressing

Eggwhites or oatmeal or fruit for breakfast.

Vegetables and salmon for dinner

try to stay away from carbs/ and drink lots of water. Also buy sugarfree gum to keep yoour mouth busy.also babybel cheeses make good lowcal snacks as do almost all fruits and veggies.

Good luck

It is hard to list down some brands of healthy foods since there are a lot of choices. Anyway, I think even when you are choosing healthy food, try to look for those organic ones since they contain no or less preservatives and other chemicals thingy. I would recommend you to have balanced meals, with food from all groups. But of course, try to eat more fruits and vegetables and cut down on your fat consumption. I love low fat yogurts too! Anyway, to lose weight well, you should exercise too.

Try to refer to my source for further details if you need more explanation. The above is just a basic guide.

My husband went from a size 38 pant to a size 32 with his diet.He was almost 100 kilos and now hes 70.

The pan he uses is a griddle pan, kinda like the george foreman but it goes on the stove not plugged in.

Lean Chicken breast - main part of diet.Grilled with yummy spices, baked in foil with no oil

Lean red meat - Twice a week

Fish - 1 -2 times fortnight

lots of fruit and veg - oranges over apples and bananas

Lean meat fills you up so you snack less.

Cut down on carbs a bit but not totally

Wholemeal breads fill you up more

Avoid Nuts, crisps, ice creams.

Drink mostly water or a bit of cordial but not soft drinks, milkshakes or energy drinks.

• katty

Healthy choice dinners. The ones with low sodium. Kashi dinners for microwave.

You are better off keeping it fresh instead of easy

Eggs- boil them and eat the whites, leave a little yolk for fat and flavor

Boars Head low sodium Turkey breast located in deli

Kraft has a new cheese with pro biotics

Activia

kashi bars

Apples and pears. slice them and squeeze lime or lemon to keep them from browning.

grapes 10, bananas 1 small, oranges1 small, berries 1/4 cup

carrots, celery, red cabbage eat raw

almonds, walnuts, pecans 10 nuts or 1/4 cup

olives

nut butters

kashi crackers

whole Grain breads

for recipes go to

Vegetarian times.com

Yoga journal.com

whole foods.com

Source(s): me RYT, LMT, Master trainer and nutritional consultant ACE, NPTI, IFA, ISSA 25 years exp

no butter, not a lot of breads, plain chicken, salad, tomatoes are very good for you, try to stay away from creams and cheese. Apples and strawberries are also good, along with fish(very good for you). If your going to pack something for lunches I usually make a salad with chicken in it with a light dressing. And for snacks instead of chips try a fruit salad =] I used to be a veggie and this is mostly what I eat to stay healthy. I lost about 10 pounds from it. (eggs are good for you too, along with milk to a curtain extent)

Source(s): My diet.

Having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

turn dinner into a healthy lunch the next day by wrapping your lean leftovers in a whole wheat wrap add a little dijon mustard or curry powder for added flavor

Diabetes is usually treated through a combination of diet (low sugar), exercise and medications/insulin. Read here https://tr.im/VSmAq

Milder cases can be controlled with just diet an/or exercise while more severe cases require meds or insulin as well.