what serious proofs do we have that Jesus the human existed?

I mean, without trying to be offending, Christian records alone can't be a solid proof. which non-Christian historian of the period of Jesus' life talked about him? And more important, why most important historians of this time didn't talked about him or his miracles?

For memory, Pilate's records where found more than 1 hundred years after Jesus death. And that was a true devoted Christian that found it.

@Kayjay04:

I know. that's a miracle that I don't follow God even after he created me and sent his salvatory messages everywhere. The miracle is that I got my own will and I really use it.

For your arguments, I've studied already the case of Plyne the Youth, but I can't explain here why it was too improbable.

• KayJay
    Favorite Answer

The majority of religious group believe He existed as a man. World history proves the events that happened because of the controversy He brought to each area. Muslims, Jews, Christian AND non-Christian historians of Jesus’ day testify to his existence and miracles. Among them are: Roman historians Cornelius Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, and Syrian Mara bar Serapion.

In his book, Marcellino quotes Josephus Flavius, the leading Jewish historian of that day:

(From Jewish Antiquities) “Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works - a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principle men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and 10,000 other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.”

Marcellino also points out a strong circumstantial point of logic in his book. “Why would the apostles allow themselves to be martyred in such horrible ways for saying Jesus existed when they knew that was false? Instead they said they were eyewitnesses of Jesus' miracles and resurrection. And they all were martyred separate from each other. It could be said that one of them was crazy and suicidal...but it would be hard to make the case that ALL of them were (except John, who wasn't martyred but was exiled to the island of Patmos instead).”

Source(s): Many things, but the most important is that once you start to learn who He is, you will know that you too are a miracle.

Christian records are not meant to replace the Church, so that is a sillly argument.

But what do even atheist historians say, like Will Durant :

"That a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels."

I've read somewhere that according to jewish records, jesus learned witchcraft in Egypt and obtained power to do miracles by cutting his flesh. According to Old Testament criteria and New Testament evidence, jesus qualifies as a false prophet for making a false prophecy. He also shows that he was just a human by making a few stupid mistakes like mistaking two different people with the same name for one person. According to the New Testament, jesus also leads his followers to a place with suspiciously extra tall grass in order to keep them from seeing what he was doing. Also and most convincingly to me is that the Old Testament talks about a man who would come and actually be able to do miracles but is actually evil and a test in order to see if the people can be led away from God. Also according to textual studies it seems that there is evidence in the Bible that the writers tried to pass jesus off as being born in Bethlehem when in fact he was probably born in Nazareth. They tried to do this in order to get the racist people of the day not to hate him because jesus was really from Moabite genetics. Things like that make alot of sense if jesus was a historical figure.

See www.geocities.com/logic_faith/

(although I still believe he did real miracles). Also see

www.awitness.org/essays/index.html

I guess that there is also proof that he was a real "person" because his name was recorded in Roman documents of the people who were crucified but I think that's what you were talking about.

Go to History.com, search Flavius Josephus. He did not believe Jesus was the messiah, but he did document his existence. You can also search Jesus Christ there, and find more historical reference to his existence.

i don't think there is proof of jesus, but i do believe a man existed that was the figure they call jesus. probably the same story, except without the whole god part. thought he was god...was tortured..the end.

no proof watsoever