Canadian law, help!! ?

I have a bunch of confusing Canadian law questions to solve. I just want to check if what I think is right is actually right, I'm not trying to get someone to do my homework like some people. Please help me with these questions, I'm confused

1. The police stop behicle before asking the driver any question thus

a) the driver is only under detention once the officer starts questioning them

b) the driver is only under detention if the officer should proceed and arrest the driver

c) at no point is the driver under detention

d) the driver is under detention at the point they are requested to stop by the police

2. Upon arrest, the individual will be photographed and fingerprinted, if the charges are dropped then the police

a) immediate destroy both as they are private issues and should be protected

b) must destroy the fingerprints but the photo is considered reasonable given the photo identification that already exists

c) may keep both for a period of time not exceeding ten years

d) may keep both on file indefinitely

3. Upon arrest, the police _____ have the right to have the accused in a line-up

a) do

b) do not

c) may, depending on the situation and criminal offence

d) none of the above are true regarding police line-ups

4. One of the major reasons most people co-operate with the police and participate in police line-ups is because they believe

a) it may help their case

b) they have nothing to lose as the results are not admissible in court

c) they have little choice but to participate

5. If the three types of law were placed in a pyramid, which of the types would create the bottom level of the pyramid

a) Statute Law

b) Common Law

c) Civil Law

d) Constitutional Law

6. If a case is cited as Brown v. Brown, we could conclude that this was a situation covered by

a) Criminal Law

b) Civil Law

c) Constitutional Law

d) Marital Law

7. If you were asked to explain the concept of reasonable doubt, which of the following do you think would best describe the meaning of the concept?

a) you have a good idea that the accused committed the crime

b) you are okay with the evidence and believe that accused committed the crime

c) you are sure the accused committed the crime

d) you are comfotable with a degree of moral certainty that the accused committed the crime

8. One of the major aspects with regards to a reasonable expectation of privacy is

a) the actions of the state

b) the actions of the individual

c) control and ownership of the property

d) the situation and events surrounding the situation

9. A demand by a police officer that a motorist who he has stopped surrender his driver's license and insurance card for inspection

a) is a violation of persons rights and an illegal arbitary search

b) is permitted under provincial legislation and is intended to address a real concern in soicety

c) is a violation of section eight of the Canadian Charter of Rights but is saved by section one of the Charter

d) none of the above

10. The accused cannot establish his rights to expectation of privacy in his girlfriend's apartment due to the fact that

a) he did not pay for any of the rent for the apartment

b) although he could freely come and he could not invite friends over to the apartment

c) he did not have his mail delivered to the address

d) he did not possess a key to the apartement

11. The seizure of blood samples from the accused without his consent and without lawful authority is

a) a reasonbale act if the accused was unconcious at the time of the seizure and could not give information

b) if the samples had be taken by a qualified medical physician for the initial purpose of treatment for the accused

c) permitted in cases where alcohol is suspected and fatality has occured

d) an unreasonable search within the meaning of section eight

12. Let's say that the issue in front of the courts was that of a search of a third party, and whether the evidence obtained from that search was admissible into court. Moreover the issues regarding a reasonable expectation of privacy in another's dwelling must be viewed in terms of

a) care and control of the dwelling in question

b) unrestricted entrance and control of the dwelling in question

c) the financial support that the individual has put forward into having ownership or a vested interest in the dwelling

d) control of the dwelling in question

13. In R v. Stillman case, the police took a tissue that the accused had discarded while in custody, in a wasbasket. With regards to the tissue the court ruled that

a) Stillman had a reasonable expectation of privacy even within the confines of the police station and the tissue was inadmissible as evidence

b) by throwing the tissue away Stillman showed that he o longer had int

13.

b) by thrwing the tissue away he showed that he no longer had interest in the property thus no longer having control or ownership of the tissue

c) discarding property lowers are expectation of privacy, but given the totality of the situation, one can conclude that the material was never intended as surrendering DNA to the police

d) all of the above

14. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom guarantees individual rights and offers protection from the actions of

a) individuals

b) corporations

c) international bodies and organizations

d) levels of government

• MSS
    Favorite Answer

I am not an expert in law... But as a Canadian, I think,

1-b

2-a

3-a

4-c

5. If the three types of law were placed in a pyramid, which of the types would create the bottom level of the pyramid,

Well... since the bottom of the pyramid is wider and apply to all of the once above, it is d, 100% sure. Constitutional Law

6-b

7-b

8-d

9-???

10-???

11-d

12-??

13-c??

14-a? But I think all of the above for 14.

I am not a lawyer nor a law student. So please look for other posts as well. I am a second year bio medical student. I just try to reason with the law that I know.