Does he know he has control of both the house and senate?

Why would he need to use the executive order?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081110/ap_on_go_pr_wh...

Update:

I'm sure you're all right....He just needs to do it quickly and executive orders are the way to do it....

Yeah....I'm sure that's it. I'm just too stupid to understand. Thanks so much for explaining it to my ignorant brain.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure he does.

Read the article..

"Obama's transition chief, said Sunday Obama is reviewing President Bush's executive orders on those issues and others as he works to undo policies enacted during eight years of Republican rule. He said the president can use such orders to move quickly on his own."

• 1 decade ago

Oh, yeah, Obama CAN do those things by Executive Order but the question is SHOULD he?

The Executive Orders that Bush signed were done over a LONG period of time with a lot of thought, and just because they annoy a bunch of left-wing special interest groups isn't necessarily the best reason for Obama to rush into lifting them.

The situation has changed for many of them and the thinking of some of the opposition groups hasn't kept pace.

Remember the trouble that Clinton got into with "Don't ask, don't tell"?

Nobody was happy.

The military never forgave him and gays were never satisfied.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but....

If Obama sweeps them all away, he wastes valuable political capital and really pisses off moderate voting blocs that he will need to implement much of his agenda.

They'll quickly mobilize against him - with a vengeance.

He'll make a few lefties happy but lose a lot of people.

As a Republican, I hope he signs EVERY one of them.

The sooner, the better.

Coast to coast screaming will ensue.

We'll raise MILLIONS and he's out of there in FOUR short years.

• 1 decade ago

1) Because an Executive order is much faster.

2) Because the Democrats do not have 2/3 of the Senate which means they can still block legislation with a filibuster.

3) Because not all Democrats will vote along party lines on every piece of legislation.

Think harder next time.

• 1 decade ago

Quicker with less red tape, although can be easily abused and is not a substitute for the traditional method of passing laws. Hopefully Obama will use them with care.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Filibusters.

Hussein is already acting like Saddam.

You better enjoy these gas prices. Hussein wants to be sure to raise them back by preventing us from using our own resources so his muslim buddies in the middle east can continue getting funded.

**** Barack Hussein Obama.

• 1 decade ago

If you are talking about O'bama yes. You will find if you don't already know that this man is fully aware of what his circumstances are. This man is a politicians politician. The regret I have is that the country actually seems to believe he is different. The country also seems to believe he is a change. Go figure.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, he does know. And executive orders are much quicker. That's why Bush used so many of them.

• 1 decade ago

It's faster, read the article again

• 1 decade ago

So, apparently didn't actually read the article then....

• 1 decade ago

Every president does this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.