kate asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

does anyone know a way i can access sites from the school computers without getting blocked every time i try?

My high school's site-allowance policy is ridiculous! Does anybody know a way I can access the sites I want without getting the stupid 'STOP: you cannot access the following web address' thing popping up instead?

• Viper
    Favorite Answer

All the proxies you try should be blocked by your school. That is because most schools use content blocking software. It blocks new proxies 98% of the time because of their content (that they are a proxy), not because of the web address.

You really should be careful using a proxy at school. Is it worth risking getting into trouble?

1. School computer admin take security seriously, they have to, it's a main part of their job.

2. Proxies posted here normally contain spyware/malware and viruses, they also track what you type, so they can get access to your mail, myspace, facebook accounts etc to send spam from them. Do you think people set these proxies sites up for free? They are getting something out of you using them and it's 99% criminal.

3. Because of the danger from using a proxy, computer admin block them well, although it's always a cat and mouse game. So it's unlikely you will even get through on one for long anyway. Also they can trace in the logs that you went to a proxy site.

4. If you do use one and the computer system gets infected with a virus, you will be in a lot of trouble, losing computer rights and possible suspension.

So please consider this a friendly warning. Is it really worth it? Can't you just wait to use myspace etc at home or in a public library?

well, the obvious solution would be to wait until you get home rather than risk getting caught using a proxy. seriously, what could possibly be so important that you cant wait another couple hours till you get home?

your in school to learn, not faff around on the internet. and im 22 so dont think im some crazy parent or something. i just dont see why everyone NEEDS to get around crap at school. for fucks sake your not there that long wait till you get home

Stop trying to get on sites you're not allowed to go on... simple ^_^. If you need it for your course, tell the IT techies and depending on your schools policy they might unblock it for you. They will probably need written permission from your lecturer though.

i think of little ones at the instant are lost to technologies. My 13 12 months old might spend all day on fb or MSN chat if I enable her. so some distance as i understand, fb units a min age of 18,yet that's no longer regulated in any admire.whether you could set your profile a particular way so its purely open to pals, I do experience some little ones may be vulnerable to abuse,additionally to cyber bullying,which has been an argument in our domicile final 12 months. I additionally think of pictures might desire to be greater regulated,as a number of her pals have placed relatively racy pictures on their profile. i think of little ones,especially females,purely dont want to be little ones anymore. they want to enhance up too speedy, they want the Iphone,ipod,pc,clothier outfits,the tummy button pierced. whether, I wont enable me daughter rule the roost,and so I easily have set parental controls meaning the pc immediately switches off on particular sites, and after her time has run out. I do agree that colleges over use computers, as all her homework is achieved by skill of way of Microsoft place of work. not often something is hand written,and to be effortless Lexi,her handwriting is suffering! such as you assert,while i replaced into youthful i replaced into satisfied at that age to play with my cabbage Patch Dolls(ok,dont chortle!),journey my bike,visit the park,%. blackberries/gooseberries with my brother. The very advice of sparkling air seems to furnish my daughter a migraine. on the tip of the day,mothers and dads ought to computer screen what their toddler is doing on the internet. I do it myself, and time on there might desire to be constrained. you in addition to mght ought to tell them the hazards of the internet,and remind them that any fallings out with pals needs to be suggested at school and not by skill of way of a communicate room.

www.Cestu.com

Hope this helps.

Team Cestu

Advertising Project Supervisor

You could use a proxy server... Try this and click where is says to, and you'll be sent to a proxy site. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pick-a-proxy/