My monitor turns on, but doesn't display.?

My monitor has been working perfectly fine until this morning. Now, when I turn it on, it displays the brand name (Acer), then displays the screen for about a second, then goes black. The power is still on, because the green light is still on, but there is no display. I have checked that all the plugs and cables are connected firmly, and tried restarting the computer to no avail.

Does anybody know what could be wrong, and what I can do to fix this? I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

This is most often due to your Video card going bad. If you have a video card then you can and order a new one from newegg or buy one from best buy. If you don't have a video card, and your running off the integrated video then you'll be able to place a video card in. Since you are getting a signal light from the monitor itself, that means the monitor is good. If you have no idea how to work on a computer then your best bet is taking it to your local computer store, Im' sure they will be more then happy to fix it for you. :)

I work a computer store, and 90% of the time that is what it is.

Good luck!

there are two things to do, 1. Hit nicely on the top of the system, if display not appears than choose option two, 2. There is problem in the display, so better call some velder to repair it.

If im an Hardware defenately i can help you. But im an software. That's the problem.

Take care keep smieling.

If you computer isn't working how can you be typing that?

Anyway, is your computer on? Is your computer plugged in?

Is your monitor plugged into your computer? Maybe a cable has been pulled out accidentally somewhere.

If everything is plugged in and it still isn't working it is most likely broken.

yes its a problem with your windows starting at some point it will ask u to do a restart repair just be paitient and if it doesnt then i guess get a new computer sorry

Take it to where ever it is you bought it and tell them whats been happening they can help you alot. Also try best buy or circuit city.

perhaps the LCD

answer mine if u finish with ur monitor

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200811...