Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 1 decade ago

Nut free Cupcakes for school?

I'm going to send cupcakes for my daughter class. Her birthday is coming up. The teacher requires them to be nut free. I checked my local grocery, although they said they are nut free they won't give it a nut free tag either. Is this enough? Even if I make them myself I can't say they are 100% either I have a peanut butter monster in my house. Just wondering how other people have handled this?

Best Answer

Just call the teacher and ask her to specify! I think baking them at home would be safer than buying them though.

Nut Free Cupcakes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Nut free Cupcakes for school?

I'm going to send cupcakes for my daughter class. Her birthday is coming up. The teacher requires them to be nut free. I checked my local grocery, although they said they are nut free they won't give it a nut free tag either. Is this enough? Even if I make them myself I can't say they are 100%...

Source(s): nut free cupcakes school: https://shortly.im/XWR4e

You may want to try the health food stores or a specialty store, they may be able to help you.

If you are making them from home just make sure you clean the counters really well and that there are no peanuts or nuts around the house that can contaminate the cupcakes. I worked in a nut-free facility and we were able to bring in homemade things, but never store bought because they are often made in the same place that nuts are used in dishes.

Your local grocery store is not going to risk liability by giving their baked goods a nut free tag. Most commercially prepared baked goods will give a warning that it MAY contain nuts or state that the product was prepared in a facility where other products containing nuts are also made. It may depend on the severity of the nut allergy of the child in your daughter's class. You should be able to wash your counter and your utensils and keep your peanut butter monster out of the peanut butter long enough to make homemade cupcakes. My guess is that if the child's allergy is severe that he/she won't eat anything not sent in by parents anyway. I'd check with the teacher for sure and even the allergic child's parents, if you know them, to see if they have suggestions for approved products such as a particular cake mix or a frosting recipe that's safe.

hi,

I am not sure where you live but in many areas the schools do not allow home made baked products anymore. You can go to a health food store and buy some muffins there, or just try simply Blueberry muffins the label should tell what the ingredients are (it is required by law) for that matter check all the cupcakes. if they are made with any kind of peanut/almond extracts/oils it will say. Good Luck :)

I used to work in a school, a lot of kids licked the icing and then threw the cupcake away. Even when they brought the mini cupcakes. Lick icing and throw in trash.

The thing that went over best. The tray of fresh fruit with a cream cheese fruit dip. The parents brought the 5oz dixie cups and filled each cup with fruit and poured the dip over the fruit. Kids were begging for more. It was great. They had pineapples, apples, grapes, ?? I can't really remember them all.

That's nut free!

here is a website that has helped me a lot and has great recipes for Nut Free / Dairy Free / Egg Free Cupcakes

To make 30 cupcakes

3 cups of self-raising flour

2/3 rd’s of a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder ( not drinking chocolate)

2 cups of caster sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 1/2 cups of water

2/3 rd’s of a cup of sunflower oil ( any light, neutral oil would work well, obviously not peanut oil for nut-free cakes)

I sifted the cocoa and flour together into the bowl of the mixer.

In went the salt & vanilla.

I set the mixer to low speed and poured in the water, lemon juice and sunflower oil.

When the dry ingredients were incorporated I turned the mixer up to medium speed and let it go for 2 minutes.

I used muffin pans lined with cupcake liners, as usual.

The cupcakes took about 17 minutes in a 350F oven.

• ?

Just make sure the cupcakes that are made in the store aren't produced near chocolate or nuts (machine or ingredients)...Or supply a lollipop as an alternative for students allergic to nuts. White cupcakes with vanilla frosting.

Nut allergies are very serious. If you can't verify that the goods are 100% nut free then don't bring them into the classroom. See if you can contact the mother of the child w/ the nut allergy and get some tips for safe preparation or a lead on where to buy nut free products.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU9xj

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true