Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can i lose weight???(about 20 pounds)?

Hi

I'm 13 years old and seriously need to lose weight..

I'm 5'3 and weigh 130 and i wanna lose about 20 pounds or more but i donno how and i have no time to go on a diet cuz i have soooooo much school homework.. What can i i do??? My parents aren't even supportive.. My mom wouldn't make healthy food or buy healthy food..

At least how can i make my thighs smaller...

Favorite Answer

wow, you sound tooo much like me last year when i was 13 and in 7th grade. i was 5'3 and i weighed 130. i wanted to loose 20 lbs and my thighs were the biggest problem. well, what happened was i tried to exercise and run a lot..... and i had the HUGE stress of homework, ik how you feel, it totally sucks!!!! but, i stopped eating and lost 46 lbs. i was sooooo thin, i was cold alll the time, and bony, and hairy and grose!!!! it was awful, i went to the doctor and she told me my pulse was 35 and that i might die. i was sent to the hospital and i had to be fed through a tube, my parents were so scared. right now i am 100 lbs. and still very thin because now im 5'4 and i have to be 120 lbs. well technically loosing 20 lbs might be healthy for you, just dont take it too far, i cant even tell you how hard gaining weight is, i was emotionally horrified, i cant express to you. when you read this your probably thinking this is never gonna happen to me! it might, your a healthy girl. and im sure you look better now then you would if you lost weight, trust me i HATE the pictures of me when i was 84 i looked like a creeper!!!!!!!! ik i make this sound light, but i havent gotten my period in a year, yes thats a HUGE sign that your not healthy, listen to me, maybe try and see your doctor, she is the real person who should be giving you advice. not me. some things you might want to try that are quick and easy is just take a short jog for about 10 minutes a day, it will make you feel better I PROMISE. please dont become anorexic or bulimic, please tell your mom how you are feeling ik u dont want to but this might get out of hand. i love you. i pray for you. ik you can do it. Remember getting stressed, doesnt help us acomplish anything, youll get better grades if your not stresssed. and chill you dont have to be a perfectionist. i also wanted to say one more thing, i was a straight A student, but i failed 7th grade because i had no energy and i was in the hospital and other treatment areas. good luck!!!!!! God Bless You!

Source(s): i unfortunately have anorexia

130 is a huge problem. you should run some laps. oh. Maybe this vid would help if you have 6 minutes everyday. Do this exercise and you will be thinner in about... 2 weeks! :) Goodluck with the workout!

It's likely that you're eating too fast. Try holding a conversation while sporting a meal so you're not gulping down more than you need to feel full.

Try drinking skim milk at breakfast as opposed to juice. Overweight people who drank skim milk for breakfast had fewer calories

If your mom doesn't cook healthy food, you could try cooking your own food. You also need to exercise.

Distracted dining could possibly get you in trouble. Avoid eating before a television or in a movie theater, as you're bound to eat more calories.

People who regularly weigh themselves and account for their progress in a journal will probably lose weight.

Identify the emotional triggers that send you to seek unhealthy comfort food. Picture your goal weight next time a trigger strikes to enable you to resist temptation.

do lots of cv down the gym and start looking at your calorie intake, also just eat less of the food which she is cooking and make sure youre burning more kcals down the gym than ur putting on through ur food

Use a vegetable bean dip like hummus instead of ranch dressing or perhaps a fatty cream-based dip.