Can anyone explain the Kashmir/India/Pakistan ?

political triangle . . . I understand the India/Pakistan . . . but how does Indian/Pakistani relations directly affect Kashmir . . . thanks.

Favorite Answer

A lot of people living in Kashmir would like it to be part of Pakistan, rather than India and a lot of others who live there want it to stay Indian.

Both governments are said to fan the flames because Kashmir is a fairly resource rich part of the world and also strategically significant.

It's been a 'disputed' territory since Pakistan was established, and there has been armed conflict between India and Pakistan there before, several times.

China also has an interest in the region, and claims part of Kashmir is Chinese territory.

Similar to the situation in Northern Ireland.

Cheers :-)

All i choose for Christmas is my 2 front tooth ( I had an twist of destiny years in the past and the front have porcelin caps that could desire to get replaced in approximately 2 months while i could have stored sufficient money to interchange them!)