Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did you know that the main stream media is not allowed to release classified information on the war on terror?

Did you know they cannot without the permission of the Bush administration and it has been passed as a law?

Favorite Answer

That explains the lack of coverage concerning the Saudi backgrounds of most Islamic terrorists and Saudi financing of Al Qaeda.

'Al Qaeda, says William Wechsler, the task force director, was "a constant fundraising machine." And where did it raise most of those funds? The evidence was indisputable: Saudi Arabia. America's longtime ally and the world's largest oil producer had somehow become, as a senior Treasury Department official put it, "the epicenter" of terrorist financing.'

'Examining the Saudi role in terrorism, a senior intelligence analyst says, was "virtually taboo." Even after the embassy bombings in Africa, moves by counterterrorism officials to act against the Saudis were repeatedly rebuffed by senior staff at the State Department and elsewhere who felt that other foreign policy interests outweighed fighting terrorism.'

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/031215/...

'Who are the suicide bombers of Iraq? By the radicals' account, they are an internationalist brigade of Arabs, with the largest share in the online lists from Saudi Arabia and a significant minority from other countries on Iraq's borders, such as Syria and Kuwait.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic...

Source(s): Our alliance with the Saudis is criminal.
  • babbie

The operative word here is classified, sweetie. See, when people want to kill you, it's a good idea NOT to announce all your best strategies on CNN. Trust me, this has been a policy of all warring governments since the beginning. Ask your grandparents about the Invasion of Normandy for a really good example of how it works.

And read a book once in a while, okay?

That never stopped the New York Times or the Washington Post.

And now that you mentioned it, what democrat in the House or Senate do you think was the leaker of classified information, thereby making them a traitor to the country?

Yes I did know. Classified information is usually classified for a reason.

• K.K.

Well duh!! Releasing ALL classified information would get people killed! Think about some of our troops setting up a rescue mission and the media says ahead of time that they're about to "storm the building". What on Earth would that serve?

Yes I did

and it has always been that way

classified info is only available to people with the proper security clearance

No. do you have a source?

I never watch the news .hardly ever..I get my news from Yahoo

question and answers and I am Jake with that

What is your proof or any evidence of your claim ?

No. I didn't know that. Wow. I'm getting aroused.

Duh. What part of "classified information" didn't you get?