Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Vomiting while having a bowel movement?

This is not a pretty topic, but I'm worried. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or what they think the problem could be.

For the last couple of months, I've been vomiting while having a bowel movement. I don't vomit every single time, but maybe every third time. It doesn't seem to matter if my stomach is full or empty, I'll keep vomiting until it's all gone. I'm not straining myself or putting undo stress upon myself while going and I really don't understand why this is suddenly happening.

I can't stop it, I've tried breathing exercises when I feel nauseous, but my mouth will fill with buckets of saliva and when I need to spit it out the contents of my stomach comes with it. When I try to swallow it back, it makes me choke and gag and alas I commence vomiting.

I ignored it saying to myself that it was just that one time or those two times, but it's been happening frequently now.

I do have a doctor's appointment about it, but I'm not really sure what he could possibly do about it or how he will diagnose it.

I'd appreciate any helpful info.

It does usually happen more often in the mornings, but pregnancy is not the cause. (I've made sure of that)

I have not introduced anything new to my diet, nor have I started any medication or birth control.

• alana
    Favorite Answer

my mother had gall stones and when she had bowel movements she vomited.

see your doctor asap.