LMAO
LMAO asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why are ravens fans crying about the touchdown that the Steelers had on the last minutes...?

If Holmes had possession of the ball with two feet in the end zone before being push off?

Look at this video, the reff himself said the same thing that i said, in front of everyone on national television.

They didn't repeat the play not because the ball didn't pass or touch the line, but because they wanted to see if he had both feet when he cathed the ball.

I don't understand why the ravens fans are crying, clearly the reffs know much more the rules than you do. And they wouldn't say the wrong thing in front of everyone to change the call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4f23b

You can see the repetition of the call on minute 3:30

i'm sorry minute 3:40

It's just the same thing when receivers run a hitch in and out or when they run a hook and when you see them stretch themselves backwars to catch the ball behind the yard when they have their toes, they mark the ball when the toes are, not where the ball falls.

Look at the Raven fan crying over the loss, that only applies ONLY when his body is not in/touching the END ZONE. Maybe you are the one who should read a little bit more.

how can you confirm that? Obviously from my example of the Hitch rout and the hook i make more sense than you. Why don't you read it and think about it. Where do they mark the ball when the QB throws the ball behind the player? and he stretches and catches the ball? obviously where his toes are ,not where the ball fell. THE RULE IS DIFFERENT WHEN THE BALL FALLS BACKWARD THAN FORWARD.

Best Answer

It crossed the plane simple as that I watched very closely and it was good. Ravens are just angry cause they blew the game in the final minutes. And everyone else that is angry just hates Steelers or loves to complain. It was a touchdown easy

• Rob S

Fourth & goal with the nose of the ball touching the paint... and a 6' 5" QB taking the snap under center.

The only difference would've been a Steeler touchdown with 3 seconds left on the clock instead of 43.

I'm not hating on the Ravens or anything but...

I remember last season when there was some controversy over a field goal. The ball hit the crossbar behind the posts and so the refs rescinded their original call and corrected it. Right after the game, Ravens fans were going crazy about how they refs made the correct call and ripping them for doing so...

The point I'm trying to make is, that was the call, and nothing can be done about it. End of game, Steelers win.

Ravens had all game to extend that lead but some TO and various other mistakes obviously cost them.

They'll get in wildcard anyways...

• speedo

To the Ravens fans that are complaining, learn the rules than you do not look like whiners. You are not stating the rule correctly, his feet were in the endzone and the ball was over the line that is the deciding factor. Hitting the player out of the endzone does not count in football.

Read your rule book. The football has to cross into the end zone. It does not matter if the player is in the end zone but the ball has to cross in. The ball DID NOT cross in therefore it is not a touchdown. The Steelers did not deserve to win again!

Maybe because one of the rules in the big book says "It is only a touchdown if the ball in on, above, or past the goal line". It wasn't. This opinion is justified by the fact that the Chief of all Refs in the NFL said it was a bad call. Some people should learn to read...

• Jay

The ball doesn't have to cross the line, just touch the line. If even a single atom at the tip breaks the plane, it's a score. Pretty obvious it did. I don't care where his feet were. It's still a touchdown.

I think the refs got this call wrong. The NFL Rule Book states that a touchdown is When any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent’s goal line, provided it is not a touchback.

Bad call, but everyone gets bitten by them and its no excuse for a loss.

• shaan

It doesn't even matter. He would've been on the 3 inch line with 35 seconds to go. They would've scored on the next play. No big deal.

I'm a Ravens fan but I'm not crying. I think I'm the only Raven fan that thought that call was right.

All I'm hoping for now is the wildcard.