C drive access error?

I just recently had a virus on my computer that involved the autorun.inf and boot.com. I did get the boot.com off the computer but still have the autorun.inf but disabled the autorun in the registry. I get this accessed denied now on all my drives from the root in explorer I can explore or seach no problem but cannot open. Any ideas.

Favorite Answer

did you get rid of autorun.inf? this file is usually found in your partition drive (D:) if you have one. If you are good with command prompt and know a couple dos commands you can delete this file from your partition. otherwise boot into safe mode by pressing f8 on startup and try to delete it that way. where are you finding this autorun.inf file?

which windows are you using ?

If xp then log on as administrator and check the security of all drives specially check for your user name and allow full control to it, but to be honest you really have to remove the virus first.

If that didn't work then try to reinstall ur windows.

Try to have an internet security software while surfing internet.

Gee if you bought a mac you wouldn't have any of those problems.