Howler asked in Dining OutCanadaQuebec · 1 decade ago

Quebec french and Burger King.?

I know this sound corny, but I live on the border with Quebec and New Hampshire. I would like a speaker from Quebec or Canada or french person to translate this for me.

-Hi, Can I get a Cheese burger meal, with a medium sprite and sweet&sour sauce please.

Thanx

Favorite Answer

"Bonjour, je voudrais un Cheese (burger) (Here we usually just say "Un cheese") avec un sprite moyen et de la sauce aigre douce s'il vous plait"

Don't try to translate Cheese Burger and such. Also, almost everywhere in Quebec people know a little English so you could even ask if they understand English first, it's pretty bilingual. And you know, you're getting served, you're the client, not the opposite.

Don't worry about it too much ;) Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a native.

I ama former chef and it is not a big issue, but like the US we order in the same way as you do, but in french, a Hamburger in french is hamburger with cheese is avec fromage, a Sprite is a Sprite, and a side order of sweet and sour sauce is une sauce du aigre et douce.

Show the 'green',surprise you how quickly those frenchmen catch on.