Is LITA FORD a Better Lead Guitarist, Than ACE FREHLEY ?

.

FIRST -- I Like Ace Frehely --

I am just Using Him as a Barometer for "Rating" -- LITA FORD...

IMO -- From the Debut "Runaways" Album, onwards --

My Girl Has Proven that SHE CAN PLAY !!

QUESTION -- Why Doesn't She Get More Respect from the Music Community ??

Please -- Speak Frehley... umm.. I mean Freely :)

.

Best Answer

no

Ace, Definitly.

Lita spent like 15 years away from the music scene. She decided to do this when she had a Great career started. Spending such a long time away, when she could have done so much more is why she doesnt get as much respect.

I believe that if she didn't take the time off she would still not be better than Ace. Since he had an amazing career with KISS. He also had a pretty good Solo career. He never really got a chance in KISS to show what he can really do on the guitar. The idea of the KISS sound was to put two guitars together and make them sound like one.

If you get a chance to hear some of Ace's Fractured Glass intrumentals you will get a better picture of what he can do.

• Oh that is just too much (speak Frehley) XD

To rate Lita's playing against Frehley's...hard to say really, I like them both.

Honestly, I think it's a case of a woman playing on what has traditionally been a man's field. I don't agree with it, I'm just saying that society has it's viewpoints (most of which are unconsciously supported by the masses).

I'd need to give them both a more careful and attentive listen than I ever have in order to answer your question with anything resembling substance. As it is, all I can say is I think they both deserve more attention and respect than they've received over the years.

No. Ace Frehley is amazing. He just happens to be incessantly drunk, which is why Stanly and Gene got rid of him. But there was no excuse for firing Peter Criss, considering "Beth" was a masterpiece surpassing anything the two founding members could come up with. Sorry about the tangent.

that is a very good question, imo neither artist has recieved their due respect. but in this case i think i would have to go with Ace. Lita of course is better looking and has a better voice

• ?

While I am not familiar with Lita's guitar skills, Ace will always be considered one of the greatest of all time.

Source(s): KISS fan for over 30 years.
  • ak6702

Man Ace blows her into the void.After he gives her a Rocket Ride.

She's good but not as great as the Space Ace!

• migh

thanks to the 'Romantic/Idealist user... i've been getting into The Runaways recently and they're wicked fun!

for some reason i've never gotten into Kiss... i even saw them in all their 'Made-up ' glory about a decade back and they are yet to touch my musical funny bone... (yeah they were a great show but...?)...

Lita Ford did lead for the Runawayas no? so yeah she rocks...

i'm more of a fan of the 'loose' sound... so the Runaways do it for me to a T... Kiss make me think of 'plastic' for some reason...

Source(s): i'm sure the 'Space Ace' is a worthy axe man... but... they have always lacked that 'punk' freedom that i so love... ... not mad on Lita's 80's 'Kiss Me Deadly' era... i'd love someone to prove me wrong tho!

Hell noooo!!!! man, the Spaceman is way better than Lita Ford wish she was. He shoots her in to a black hole on his rocket ride and then in to the void.

Hell no. She's good, but not as good as Ace.

No way.

Lita never did anything half as amazing as "Ozone"