Does it look like the War of Wars between India & Pakistan?

These two Countries hate each other and they are nuclear whats your take on this ?

Favorite Answer

Relax, no war will breakout. Pakistan is under pressure from the international community. Moving troops to the Indian border is merely posturing. Both are not fully deployed yet -- even for a conventional war.

In the event of a nuclear war, India knows that it will suffer grave losses and Pakistan knows that it will cease to exist as we know it today. India anyway has a no-first-use policy. So, Pakistan is the one that has to take it to the next level, but that is suicide. So, the worst outcome is a conventional war. Talks about nuclear war from citizenry which knows little about its consequences is a running joke in these parts. Don't feed the trolls. But there is a fear that if Pakistan collapses, terror groups may take control of some nukes. That is the real nightmare scenario for the west -- esp. US and Israel.

Another reason Pakistan can ill afford a war is simple. Their economy is in tatters, no one will lend them money. But, as always in Pakistan, the administration is tenuous and the army still wears the pants. So, this sort of posturing just shows you who controls things in Pakistan.

As such, Pakistan needs help in quelling the very groups that it created. If these groups continue to rule and terrorize freely, Pakistan may well implode in the next few years. Zardari well knows that he may soon join his wife in death if the trend of domestic terror continues. Obama is right to shift the focus to Afghanistan and NW Pakistan -- take the war to the source. The India-Pakistan stuff is a sideshow.

• Feisty

Will there be a war? I'd bet on it. If it doesn't go nuclear, it shouldn't have a lot of effect on us. The biggest I could see would be the Al Qaida hiding in Pakistan along the border. I think it might be easier for them to hide there should there be a war with India. On the other hand, Pakistan might be too concerned with India to worry about us going in after them.

• no

Oh my gods, NO. I hope that it doesn't happen, but what exactly would be the result to the rest of the world if two very overpopulated, very poor countries almost wipe each other off the face of the earth? The overseas phone connected I.T. people would need to be replaced, but little else. It would be terrible for all of that loss of life, but when you really think about it objectively... I wouldn't NEED to really effect us in the west. Its not like we would be able to help them financially because Obama is going to take all of the working people's money and turn it over to welfare anyway.

• Sarah

Well, I raised my eyebrows when I heard troops were marching towards India. Not good. I don't think they're gonna march troops to the border just to stand there and look stupid. I don't think it'll be the war of wars, but something will probably be happen, unless we step in like we always do. Even the White House is concerned, so who knows whats next?

It will be a stalemate. The nukes are deterrents, not options.

The world needs a population check.