michael w asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Should Israel now be kicked out of the United Nations ?

Bearing in mind the genocide and ethnic cleansing they are doing in Palestine and the number of resolutions against them that they have refused to obey.Israel together with all other nations helped make the rules when the UN was started and now they are sticking 2 fingers up at the very rules they helped to make

Update:

WANDERKI Can you dispute this also ?

http://forums.opendemocracy.net/node/30401

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

. If you look at history and at geography, you will find that Israel never existed before. The Americans and French and British did not want all the holocaust survivors in their respective countries so they decided to settle them elsewhere. Palestine was chosen and the original people were forcibly removed and an ethnic cleansing campaign was launched against the inhabitants. In fact I would liken this to the attack of the Americans on the Native Indians of America. They were completely wiped out, and they were regarded as savages for fighting against colonialism. But why should we dehumanize them? Just like the Palestineans, the Native Indians fought to defend their lands and preserve their way of life.

Indeed, even the UN refuses to recognize the legitimacy of Israel based on the method of its inception, and instead refers to it as the "Occupied Territories".

Today Palestine is subjected to road blocks, military checkpoints, and random searches. Access to basic humanitarian aid is restricted and water is held by the Israeli's. This largely goes unreported in the mainstream media as there are very powerful jewish lobby groups in both the Canada and the US. Hence, to the entire world it would seem that the Palestineans are the aggressors that initiate unprovoked attacks upon the defenseless Isreali's.

If you don't believe me, look at the news. Each time an Israeli soldier dies, the media touts it as a tragedy, but what about when a civilian dies that is Palestinean? He/She is given the term collateral damage. It is inevitable that the frustration of the people would boil over into offensive action. Dogs are treated better in Canada than these people in another land (Palestineans).

The claim of Israel being the promised land for the Jews is actually a Zionist invention that has no basis in actual Judaism.

Did you know that in Israel it is required for every individual to serve in the Military? So that would make every citizen there not a civilian, but a soldier. And in war, soldiers will die.

The last thing I wish to tell you is that this information is freely accessible to those who wish to actually learn for themselves the true extent of this situation. The media is not to be trusted, as it is merely a voice of propaganda for the government and a type of control over the masses. Please do not be deceived by what they say, and investigate the reality of the situations as they occur.

Source(s): Torture In Israeli Prisons: The Case of Suleiman Najb. Reprinted from Documents From Israel. Edited by Uri Davis and Norton Mezvinsky. Israeli Violations of Human Rights in the Occupied Territories: The Case before the United Nations. (Book). These are just a few of many.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

i do no longer think the U.N. could take over a sovereign united states of america. As for the "in no way ending center *** conflict between Jews and Muslims over Israel," at the same time as Israel is the Jewish state, human beings of different faiths stay there and are in its government. The conflict rather comes from those Muslim international locations and a few Muslims who choose Israel and Jews to vanish, and the Jews who refuse to realize this. possibly the encompassing international locations could settle for the State of Israel and concentration their energies on different issues.

• 1 decade ago

There isn't a single factual statement in your spew.

Simple historical fact: the UN was created before Israel; the UN voted for the Partition (in 1947) that led to the establishment of the State of Israel. Therefore Israel could not possibly have had any say in the founding laws of the UN.

While the UN General Assembly has passed hundreds of anti-Israel resolutions because of the anti-Semitism (meaning Jew hatred) of the Arab nations, these resolutions are not legally binding. People claim that UNSCR 242 demands Israeli withdrawal from the territories, but this is not the case. I recommend people actually read the resolution. Quite simply, it does not require unilateral Israeli action. It requires recognition of Israel's right to exist within secure borders. Until the Arab nations are willing to recognize those rights (as Egypt and Jordan have) Israel is under no obligation to withdraw from any territories.

As for ethnic cleansing--it is the Arabs and Palestinians who have been trying to do that for 100 years. I don't suppose you were here complaining about Hamas rockets--directed at civilian targets--before the recent Israeli retaliation. Hamas and other Palestinian terror organizations have made it clear they want to destroy Israel and eliminate the Jewish presence (except for a few dhimmis). Israel has never, never acted in this manner.

Don't believe me? The proof is in front of your face. The Israelis unquestionably have the military power to annihilate the concentrated Palestinian populations--yet they have never done so, and very clearly (to any rational observer) have never attempted it. The Palestinians, on the contrary, have used every weapon in their limited arsenal to kill indiscrimately, targeting civilians. This is not only war, this is war crime, this is crime against humanity, this is attempted genocide. Their success is limited only because their means are limited. If they had Israel's weapons, they would be more successful in their murder.

When you support Hamas, you are supporting genocidal terrorists.

Congratulations.

What, specifically, would you like me to dispute? Has the UNSC, at Arab behest, introducted innumerable biased, one sided propagandistic resolutions? Yes, of course they have. Has the US vetoed them? Yes, of course we have, because they were one sided and biased. Thank God for the US of A.

To all those who are angry about the recent Israeli attack on Hamas--where were you when Hamas was firing rockets on Israeli civilians? Where was the international condemnation, offers of support and intervention for Israel? If you didn't speak up against Hamas when they were firing against Israeli civilians, your objections against Israeli actions now are meaningless and hypocritical.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course it will never happen as it was ratified in 48 and if there was a vote today it would be ratified again.

Israel has gotten over 6 trillion dollars in aid since 48 from the USA and the truth is you cannot change it.

You can only change yourself. If you do not like it then do not pay your taxes because they go to Israel. Your tax dollars from January to APril that you pay go to Israel. Dont like it? Dont pay your taxes. Simple solution.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you reading the same news reports are the rest of us? The whole Middle East situation is complex, with neither side being blameless. I don't have all the answers but surely the people of the Gaza Strip preventing the Hamas militants from randomly firing missiles into Israel would be the idea first step (this is the action which has caused Israels retaliation).

• 1 decade ago

Israel should not just be kicked out off the UN, israel should be wiped of the map, and i mean that literally not physically before zionists start shouting out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think because of Israel and the U.S the United Nation is more than useless...

the UN should and must be independent! and it is not today

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kick 'em out. See if they care. They're fighting for their survival. Do you think they're going to leave themselves at the mercy of blood thristy murdering Europeans? I think not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hell yeah - the UN is just a tool - which helps those who are poor to nothing (ask lebanon)

everyone else follows rules - they are made to but israel seem to be above the law

Look at the war crimes it has committed and no one says anything.

Dont worry - history is recording everything

• 1 decade ago

NO-

kicking Israel out is NOT a solution.

instead world should make it clear to israel that it cannot tolerate its cruelty and insane behavior. measure like sanctions etc should be placed on israel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.