Assisted suicide, against or with it?

Just wanting to hear what you have to say...if possible, give me reasons to back up your opinion...

Favorite Answer

I support the legalization of physician assisted suicide, but only in limited circumstances. Certainly, it could be abused, so it needs to be heavily regulated. Regulations need to be in place to ensure that elderly people and mentally retarded people aren't influenced by family members and manipulators. I also think it should be limited to terminal illnesses, but only if it will be terminal within a certain amount of time, i.e. death within 1 year; it should be available to people who have a disease that will eventually kill them, but won't kill them for 5 years or 10 years. It should not include mental illnesses for which medication and therapy are available.

This is one of those issues that is all in the name. Call it "assisted suicide" and everyone is up in arms about it. Actually explain a real life situation without mentioning the words at all and all of a sudden it isn't as big of a deal. I've already got "Big Brother" all over the place telling me what to do and where to go every damn day ... don't need them around ...

A lot of people view Euthanasia as right or wrong, but I believe it has two sides. I believe if someone who is terminally ill and has been given no more then 6 months live and who has the ability to make a conscious decision to end their life should be able to in a painless and comfortable means. I think if a person in a depressive state requested assistance the person who aided their death should be rep remanded.

Every person should have the right to make their own life and death decisions. And seeing how assisted suicides are mostly about quality of life issues (intractable pain, for example), I'm all for it.

I'm against it - If a terminally ill person would like to end it on thier own so be it - who am I to judge - but I don't think someone should help another person end thier own life.

Who would want to live with that responsibility and/or guilt?

i think it depends on the situation

im not against it completely but if the person is just really depressed and wants help killing themselves but hell no, but if the perosn is really suffering than maybe

Source(s): you never know what situations you might be put it, sometimes it goes beyond imagination

I support the legalization of physician assisted suicide, but only in limited circumstances. When pain and suffering are too much to bear and death is only the next step of the illness.

For it. I do think there should be some sort of precautions set up to ensure some wealthy individual isn't 'talked' into death.

I won't answer directly.

But I do recommend visiting any nursing home, and ask yourself if you want to live with your mind or your body so far gone that you can't even wipe your own @ss anymore.

Against suicide completely.

If you are considering it, definitely seek some help from a counselor or check yourself into a mental hospital.

All human life is important and should not be taken.

Get some help or the person concerned, should seek professional help.