Should the U.S. actually encourage Israel and the West Bank?

and by encourage, I mean force, to actively work together in an effort to defeat the extremist government of Hamas which is occupying the Gaza strip? Obviously, I'm not suggesting the U.S. request this sort of action today . . . but sometime in the future .. . maybe a year or so out? Thanks.

And for a point or reference . . . the U.S. is the largest donor of economic and military aid to the West Bank as well.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree, both the USA, the UN Russia, and China should encourage Israel and Hamas to enter into negotiations. However Hamas is a fanatical Islamic organization which won the elections using demagogic tactics, They also attacked their fellow Palestinians and the PLO government. It's also difficult to negotiate if Hamas refuses to recognize the State of Israel. Israel for it's part should release the rest of the PLO prisoners, and stop the bombing of Gaza.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No. We are not the world's policeman. We should--because it is in our interest--continue to act as a diplomatic negotiator.

However, the United States should end any pretense of a "special relationship" with Israel in view of their criminal activities now, piled on top of similar actions in Lebanon 2 years ago and their continued theft of Palestinian lands for "settlements."

Israel is now no more than a rogue terrorist state and should be treated as such until they change their policies. We should terminate all military aid and economic support. In addition, considering the recent unprovoked attack by the Israeli Navy on an unarmed humanitarian ship bound for Palestine, the US Navy should be authorized to monitor, and if necessary take military action against, any Israeli vessels that cary out similar actions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We should mind our own damn business.

• Nic T
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, we should simply let the Israelis take care of it. All in all I would say they are a more effective fighting force simply because they combine effective military training with a generally hands off government that allows the military to do what it is trained to do. Leave them alone, and they will defeat Hamas. Its up to Hamas as to how many people need to die before they surrender and dissolve.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no the US should ignore the cavemen there until they stop fighting, due to their insecurity over their smaller male endowments

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.