2009 predictions ?
alright lets face it, 2008 wasn't the best year. We've seen the good the bad and the ugly
from basic observations and intelligence gathered by either inside information, the media or the internet, lets hear what your predictions for 2009 will be.
lets see if your inference is based on fact or some wild guess
- lthachvn408Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
* January 1 - Austria, Japan, Mexico, Turkey, and Uganda assume their seats on the United Nations Security Council.
* January 1 - The Czech Republic takes over the presidency of the Council of the European Union from France.
* January 1 - The European small claims procedure comes into force throughout the European Union, other than Denmark.
* January 1 - At least 59 people are killed in a fire in Bangkok during New Year celebrations.
* January 1 - Vilnius and Linz become the European Capitals of Culture.
* January 1 - Slovakia adopts the euro and becomes the 16th member of the Eurozone.
* January 2 - Israeli ground forces move into the Gaza Strip.
Predicted and scheduled events
* January 5 - 111th United States Congress begins. A new delegate will be added for the Northern Mariana Islands.
* January 9 - Mahmoud Abbas's term as President of the Palestinian National Authority will end.
* January 15 - International Year of Astronomy Opening Ceremony at UNESCO HQ, Paris, France.
* January 20 - Inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States.
* January 26 - Annular solar eclipse.
* January 26 - Possession of "Extreme pornography" will become illegal in the United Kingdom.
* February - NASA's Dawn spacecraft will flyby Mars for data and gravitational assist en route to Vesta and Ceres.
* February 1 - The International Cospas-Sarsat Satellite System will stop monitoring for 121.5 MHz and 243 MHz (Class B) signals from distress radiobeacons.
* February 1 - Super Bowl XLIII will take place in Tampa, Florida.
* February 2–15 - The FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2009 will take place in Val-d'Isère, France.
* February 8 - The 51st Annual Grammy Awards will be held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
* February 12 - Celebration of Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday in the United States. The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission has scheduled a series of events in Washington, D.C.
* February 12 - Darwin Day, the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin. Events are already being planned at the London Natural History Museum.
* February 12 - On STS-119, the Space Shuttle Discovery will deliver and install the fourth starboard truss segment on the International Space Station.
* February 13 - The Unix time number reaches 1234567890 seconds at 23:31:30 UTC.
* February 15 - The 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will begin its 61st season with the Daytona 500 in Daytona Beach, FL.
* February 17 - Analog television broadcasts will mostly end in the United States, as the Federal Communications Commission will require all full power stations to send their signals digitally.
* February 18–28 - The 2009 Winter Universiade will be held in Harbin, China.
* February 22 - The 81st Academy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
* March - The United States will begin the first round of negotiations with the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership countries on a possible free trade agreement.
* March 5 - The second World Baseball Classic will begin.
* March 5 - NASA's Kepler Mission, a space photometer which will search for extrasolar planets in the Milky Way galaxy, will be launched.
* March 5–7 - The 2009 Rugby World Cup Sevens will be hosted by Dubai.
* March 29 - The 60th FIA Formula One World Championship will begin in Melbourne, Australia.
* April - Albania and Croatia are expected to join NATO.
* April - The Women's Professional Soccer league will debut.
* April 2–5 - The 100 Hours of Astronomy begins. This is a cornerstone project of the International Year of Astronomy.
* April 4–6 - The 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Final Four will be held at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
* April 13 - Citi Field, which will replace Shea Stadium as the home of the New York Mets, will open with a game against the San Diego Padres.
* April 16 - The New York Yankees will open their new Yankee Stadium, located next to the original facility, against the Cleveland Indians.
* April 24 - The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) and the LCROSS impactor will be launched to the Moon. Part of NASA's Lunar Precursor Robotic Program (LPRP).
* May - On STS-125, the Space Shuttle Atlantis will conduct the last servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope. It will be one of the most advanced and dangerous missions in space as the International Space Station will not be available for use as a lifeboat due to Hubble's orbit.
* May 15 - On STS-127, the Space Shuttle Endeavour will deliver and install the Exposed Facility of Japan's Kibo laboratory on the International Space Station.
* May 16 - The Final of the 54th Eurovision Song ConSource(s): www.wikipedia.org
- 4 years ago
It's an era old problem that a lot of bettors are overwhelmed with each of their lives. When you can afford to help keep dropping month following month, then at the very least you get to keep trying. But in reality, you are just trying in the useless wish that one time you'll get that major gain and everything is going to be okay again and that you can just produce it just happened here https://tr.im/nqiEa with Zcodes System.
The help staff rocks!; they hold the data fresh and updated! That isn't anything somebody just whipped together and determined to sell to whomever. That is meant for real activities investors and you can find 27 true people behind that application which will always respond to your support seats within 24 hours.
- 4 years ago
Oh the place do I initiate?! -Mark Martin wins the championship. -Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch the two get 3 wins and contend for the call in direction of the tip. -Stewart-Haas struggles, yet does greater advantageous than predicted. -David Ragan and David Reutimann gets their first win. -Ragan gets in Chase, on a similar time as Reutimann makes a run for it. -RCR has a bad season, with out wins. they have a tense time with 4 communities. -Paul Menard and Reed Sorenson the two do lots greater advantageous with their new respective communities. -Jimmie Johnson narrowly lose his 4th consecutive championship. -DEI will do terrible, could do greater advantageous with merger with Chip Ganassi. -Joey Logano will win a race. -there will be a ask your self winner at Talladega. -Scott velocity won't stay as much as his expectancies. -Rouch, Hendrick, and Joe Gibbs all do nicely. -Dale Jr. will win the Daytona 500. that's all i can think of of precise now...
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Ms. OpinionativeLv 71 decade ago
2008 was a great year to me. As for 2009, lol, I don't know what to say. I guess I'd have to wait and see what happened. I hope it would be a great one as well!