Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Has anyone here ever been to Pakistan? if so what was your experience like there? Is it a nice place to visit?

What are some nice things to see in Pakistan? Describe your experience.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have been to Pakistan and I assure that it is beautiful. Being home to the mughal and persian emperors, it has one of the most beautiful artitechture. Visit Badshahi masjid, shalimar bag, THE lahore fort, the TOMB of allama Iqbal and the great Mughal Emperor Akbar who ruled was one of the best ruler Great India ever had. THis is historical stuff...if you want natural beauty, K2, at 8,611 metres (28,251 ft), is the second highest peak in the world, THere are tones of parks.

Go a little North and you will witness the most amaxing scenes. Mountainous region of murree with snow decorating the city. It is juuuuuusssst beauuuutiful.

Visit Pakistan: Lahore and Karachi for sure. I would have told you to vist Swat, Pakistan's switzerland but there is a war going on in that region. Karachi and lahore or most of sindh and Punjab are safe.

• 1 decade ago

Get a Pakistani visa for your visit to Pakistan. Foreigners entering Pakistan must show a valid visa to be allowed into the country. Apply for your visa with your country's Pakistani embassy before departing on your trip.

Pack appropriate clothing, especially if you're a woman. Muslim culture frowns on revealing clothing; women are expected to keep their shoulders and upper legs covered.

Know that Pakistan is the sixth-largest country in the world when ranked by population. Pakistan is home to more than 165 million inhabitants.

Understand that Pakistan is predominantly a Muslim country.

Be aware that the capital of Pakistan is Islamasbad, a city with almost one million residents.

Enjoy the sights by exploring Pakistan by rail. Several different classes are available. Be aware that travel discounts are available for tourists who get verification from the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation.

Savor the ancient wonders of Multan. With roots that go back some 4,000 years, the city is said to be one of Asia's oldest. It was once a major religious destination.

Get to know the city of your choice via bus, taxi or auto-rickshaw. Know that you can do so very inexpensively. Travel in Pakistan is cheap.

You'll no doubt enjoy your time in Pakistan - your money will go far and you will greatly expand your horizons.

Enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

I have a friend who is from India( which is near Pakistan). He said he had a good time when he visited the area last summer. I don't know if it would be a good idea to visit right now, because alot of the terrorists are causing trouble in that area right now, and there may be a pending war.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

My father's from Lahore, from that gangster community by skill of the practice station, genuinely anybody on the block a minimum of had an AK. Karachi has too many political nuts. Newark, particularly up the hill is exceptionally tousled too, they chanced on somebody stabbed interior the top by skill of a bus quit on Ferry highway, she became into ineffective for 6 hours while they chanced on her. Yeah i do no longer think of very many American could final very long in those Karachi, Lahore, Multan neighborhoods.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've never been there but I think it may be cool to go and travel. To see different places and cultures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.