OR

is downloading other stuff that isn't music, such as Videos and Photos unsafe

OR

is EVERYTHING on lime wire unsafe

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, it depends if you know what to look for. Music is the safest I think, when you look at a file to download for MUSIC then if its a .mp3 it is usually safe. If it is .zip you will need a program such as winzip to convert it so, I wouldn't download one. If the file size looks really big or really small it is probably not safe. For MUSIC there are more files than .mp3 that are safe. .wav are also safe...but that's not it though just don't download anything suspicious and it should be fine!

Hope this helps!

<3 Sharon

Source(s): I used to use limewire
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

All very unsafe - viruses live there, illegal downloading is there

The government is cracking down on people who download illegally. Instead of fining you or making you sit in jail for some time, they are simply denying you internet access. Download music by paying money. Do it the right way. Make sure that when the government comes knocking on your door, you don't have anything to hide. Would you rather do it the right way no matter the consequences, or do it the wrong way and suffer from it?

• 4 years ago

*nice name: Ariana* is peer to peer so how can the be illegal it becomes illegal when you used it as a profit! neways unless you buy the pro-version for any file sharing program you most likely are at your own risk the problem is as following the program is fine it wont give viruses maybe a couple pop ups but no malware however the people the uploads the file are random people you really dont know therefore how can you be sure is not an a**hole trying to screw people up by uploading a "worm" virus. is a 50/50 shot. most of the times people dont have problems but you never know i also hate the fact that cd and songs cost as much as they do is crazy!!!! and then people wonder y others download it through peer to peer however!!! if you want to be sure about no viruses just buy your self a card of whatever quantity and make an account in itunes sometimes when you buy more than 10 songs you get a discount hope this helps!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

P2P (Peer to Peer or file-sharing) software like LimeWire, Ares, FrostWire, IMesh, BearShare etc., are risky in nature, slow and virus-prone.

If you want to download music fast, free, secure and safely go to:

http://searchformusic.blogspot.com/

It's a specialized, powerful search engine for finding music to download for free.

It searches many (70+) carefully-selected direct-download virus-free sites that doesn't require you to log-in nor register.

There you can find pieces or even entire albums and then download-it without downloading any software nor complications.

It's free and secure, but a little tricky, maybe you have to learn how to use it but the site explains all you need to know in order to find and download what you want.

Because it's Google-based, you can use for your search all the power of Google, like using entire phrases enclosed in quotation marks, use AND, OR, and - (for excluding), etc. Then in just one powerful search you look at more than 70 music sites simultaneously!

Good luck & happy downloading!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Downloading anything from people you don't know - which is what Limewire and all programs like it do - is unsafe.

• There is a risk. You need to make sure you scan everything. But that is true about most things you download.

If you don't want to take the risk then don't download or learn how to minimize your risk. Pay attention and learn how it works. Most newbies get viruses, but a lot of people use it for a long time and get none because they learn how to protect themselves.

• Fedora
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Downloading anything from limewire could be unsafe.

• jkl;
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

download at your own risk because you never know what the files have since it's taken from other people all over. it's a 50/50 chance. i think it's alright because i haven't gotten a virus yet and i've been using it for a few years.

• when i first started using it I got a nasty virus. I use pirate bay and Utorrent to download now it's much better anyway

• ?
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

dadadau http://www.dadadau.eu/ search & download mp3 music

getyt http://www.getyt.eu/ download mp3 music from youtube

ddmp3 http://www.ddmp3.eu/ search & download mp3 music

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.