me and my freinds are resorting to doing drugs?

we live in the suburbs and cant find anything to do

so were staring to do nothing but drugs

wut placesgo, and what thing can we do for fun in the suburbs?

im 16

Favorite Answer

Stop using drugs. I have worked with addicts and still do. Their life is messed up and law is going to get you someday. Don't throw your life away on a stupid drug.

Find a sport, hobby, competition, or some activity that is simple. Start simple then build from it. Example play basketball with your friends. Learn solitaire, poker or any other card game. Learn an instrument. Stop making excuses for drugs.

Is there a local Starbucks that you could hang out at, without getting into too much trouble. As long as you are relatively quiet and keep buying coffee it's usually ok. There is a 24 hour starbucks near where we live, and my daughter and her friends go there and hang out inside and then on the sidewalk. AS long as you have a starbucks cup in your hand, (even if its empty), they usually won't bother you. Just don't be rowdy and cause trouble for the other customers. Some of the kids even go to Starbucks to study with each other. Also, go to the movies or bowling. How about you all try to get a job at the local mall. A lot of the teenagers around here work at different stores in the mall and then they meet at the food court before and after work or during breaks....I know the suburbs can be boring, but try to make the best of it.... stay in school and do really well. (it's your only way out of the suburbs and onto better things.)and don't do drugs....you really are ruining your life...Good Luck to you!

• аvа!

I'm sitting in my friend's room right now and I'm the only one who's awake. Why? Because the rest of them are passed out on the floor right now, drunk. A couple went outside to smoke. I'm not one of them because I've been sober for over a year, but let me tell you, it was hard sh!t to break out of the habit, and I wasn't as addicted as my friends. I basically chaperone now, I come here to make sure they're not being TOO stupid. I was 16 when I first started, and I can tell you my life went downhill for a while. When you party for a while, it's all you want to do, and you need more and more to have fun. That's when I stopped because I have goals. I live in Georgia, and there's a limit on choices here. I live next to a freaking cow pasture, so you can imagine. Don't make excuses. "Nothing to do" isn't valid. You've got to find something, and there is stuff to do. You're probably a sophomore or a junior and those are your most important years. Get your priorities straightened, you hear? Go bowling, swimming, play tennis, go to the mall, out to eat, the movies, the lake, stay in and play board games or cards, or just whatever. You're 16, you're supposed to have fun, but don't be stupid. I've got some friends in rehab, and that's not a place you want to be. Do you even understand how easy it is to get caught? In the last year, I don't even know how many kids got busted. Trust me, it's not "fun" in the end. Best of luck.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

i feel sorry for you, coming from a city girl. i can't stand the 'burbs". But i have found its a lot safer then the city (in some ways), so there is a little freedom for you to be able to walk down the street to the store unlike me. have pool parties a lot, find hills and a sleigh or something, try stupid stuff like trying to see who can jump the farthest over a river or something. there is lots of things. find the local movies, bowling allies, skate parks, water parks, anything! you 16 you'll know what you would find fun when you get there!

the suburbs might not be the city but it can be close. trust me. i live in the suburbs that developed as years passed but maybe also discussing this issue to many teenagers and getting them involved could make a big change to where you live such as adding an arcade, a shopping outlet, a movie theater, a park, a rec center anything where us teenagers could enjoy ourselves and be in a enviroment where negativity such as drugs can't enter.

Doing drugs isn't the answer! Not only will you hurt yourself, but you will also hurt the people you love around you. Play basketball or go fishing. Something active. Start a fundraiser for something you feel passionate about. I want to start something for neglected children. Go to Church. Find God. I'm not a holy roller, but God can really help you through this! I'll be praying for you dude!

Same here. There is nothing to do here either. I started smoking weed and drinking, but my boyfriend stopped me. Don't resort to drugs. Have fun, if you can drive go places outside of your city, go to the beach and check out hot chicks! Do something because in the long run you WILL regret it!

Go to the movies or get a job or study more. Your 16 too young. stop taking drugs its no good for you. You need a slapping!

• Jim B

Just keep doing them and we will come and see you in the MORGUE!

Do you have any idea how many people out here that are dieing and that want to live. Too bad that you cannot trade with them. You make me sick!

Alright hold up I'm 16 too and when i was a freshman I was so into doing drugs..I never did it but wanted to so badly. Im so happy I didnt cause I have so many friends and know loads of people MY AGE that are in rehab right now..their life is a mess for them and their family.

It screws you up FOREVER kid I hope your kidding..