Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

what are some stylistic devices in this poem? (simile,personification, imagery etc)?

Essence Of A Rose

Simplicity of natures rose

Swaying in the gentle breeze

The vibrant colour of a rose bud

As the petals unfurl in the morning light

A world is filled with beauty

A rose is pure delight

With its sweet scent

The rose is the ambassador of romance

The gift of all our love

It has been used to win affections

Of many a woman's heart

As the silent essence of a rose

With all its beauty of the bud with

Petals opening slowly with the essence that is love

That has Brightened up the day

And placed a smile upon your face

For a rose is a gift of natures beauty

And a gift of natures love

Darryn John Murphy

is the theme nature is beautiful?

how does the theme develop?

im having so much trouble with this please help!!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Banal poem. Like a bad birthday card verse.

Hasn't got any similes in it. Hasn't really got any imagery aside from asking you to think of a rose. It doesn't do any of the work of conjuring up mental pictures for you that a poem's supposed to do -

As regards personification - 'the ambassador of romance' probably classifies as personification. 'The gift of all our love' could possibly be classed as a metaphor. '...silent essence of a rose' isn't really a stylistic device - a rose DOES have a perfumed essence and, yes, it is silent.

'a rose is a gift of nature's beauty' and 'a gift of nature's love' - might be classed as metaphors, although should, more properly, be classed as metaphorical cliches.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

'petrified of what? answer that, smile using fact the soul dearly departs, snicker at lost wish,silence shattered, mess united statesat enjoying our factors. A small area of a activity,no winners, suffering to push directly to income, Then strategies turn to airborne dirt and dust, we grow to be shattered remains' that replaced into my favotite area. This poem is likely one in all the main comforting thisg i ought to have got here across. whilst people say 'each and everything would be ok' it does not help me, how domthey know? yet whilst somebody says definite we can all die and there is not any longer something undesirable or unhappy or incorrect with that, i believe happy. thank you for reminding me that looking forward to dying does no longer mean i'm wishing for it. it quite is a thoroughly diverse element. all of us finally end up the place we ought to consistently be and whilst, guided by way of an unseen and easy Hand. untied without end and hand in hand with an entire finished circle of those we like

• 1 decade ago

Hmmm...I have the slightest idea. But great poem!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.