does anyone else live in israel and feel scared?

so I'm from New York and as everyone knows you watch tv there and there is almost a killing ever hour on the news. but never did i think i should be scared.. i have been in israel for 2 yrs and still live here and i am so scared after watching all these terror attacks or hearing stories from people about how arabs came into their house when they were sleeping and stole stuff.. they were doing construction outside my window of my bedroom and durring the summer it was hot and i would leave my window open and would open my eyes and there outside my window just walking about.. i have a gate outside my garden.. i called the cops but there just 18 or 19 yr olds telling me its ok there working. i dont feel safe!

Best Answer

ur right

i don't live in Israel but i live in pakistan and on da news i hear there been a bomb every hour

i felt even scared when on da news they said india was declaring war on pakistan because they thought pakistan was the behind the mumbai attaks.

i've moved to the U.K but most of my familly is still in pakistan i feel scared thinking their lives will be lost!

I live here also and I try to go by what Israelis do...I figure they have a pretty good idea of the situation. I live by Tel Aviv, so I'm not too worried about missiles here, but I still sometimes have images of the building I'm in suddenly collapsing. Most of my friends are pretty calm though, and I think they have a pretty accurate idea of the dangers here. Just try to keep the situation in perspective. Out of all the places that there could be an attack in Israel, why would it be in your building? I figure I'm more likely of getting killed in a car crash than in a terrorist attack, and I don't panic every time I get into a car.

I definitely don't agree with with everything the other people said, but some of it's true, while the fear Israelis are living in is understandable (especially in the South), I'm sure it's no where near what the Palestinians are feeling right now having ground troops there. I hope that this will all stop soon, and we can come up with a better solution than killing each other.

I do not live in Israel but my in-laws just went there (after the bombings started) for a vacation to visit some old friends. The over all verdict was that their friends said that they would tell them if it was too dangerous to visit. Most Israelis feel pretty safe. The rockets can not travel that far. Most racket attacks have been wthin 10 miles from Gaza and very few (opposed to what the media lead you to believe) have travelled further. The furthest attacks have been with in 40 miles which is actually not that far. Only 3 Israelis have been killed so far so Israelis worry a little but most of them do not fear death or are very scared of the attacks.

Oh, boo hoo. My heart just BLEEDS for you.

Why did you move there in the first place? How is that land, stolen from Palestinians, YOURS to live on? And you p!ss and maon about "Arabs stealing stuff"....ever consider that the very property you reside on was stolen? What's worse than having your homeland stolen?

Now, feel free to either move back to NYC or take cover in your bomb shelter---a luxury that the Gazans DON'T have as your military continues to murder innocent civilians. The world is watching you---for the very first time in my life, I have seen dead Palestinian children on U.S. television. The tide has turned, and it's not in your favor.

You have a right to be scared, its a scary world now a days. I would suggest that you think about moving back to America, where your from. Its better than living in complete isolation from fear. Also have you looked into support groups, I doubt your alone with your feelings.

• G. #2

HAHA, chickeeeeennnnnnnnnn..

U're scared from ppl stealing stuff from their own land that u stole from them,, and these guys in Gaza just stand there in the streets in front of tanks and airplanes not afraid to sacrifice their lives for the sake of their country.

• Misviv

Does anyone else living in Gaza feel scared?

Ever wonder how the Palestinian children are coping?

glad to know that.