Would you be flattered if you were a 40 yr old woman and you were asked for your Id to prove you are of age?

This happened to this lady in Britain.. she wanted to buy some beer at a supermarket really. Tescos is a British well known supermarket chain and the check out woman was about 40 as well .. but she said to this lady ''I got to see an ID from you to make sure you are of age and not 17"

Well the 40 year old was rather flattered.. she said she never puts on much make up.. maybe she believes this is the reason people judge her to be younger.. and she works out and lives a healthy lifestyle.. she said.. people often told me I look younger than 40 but never in my life has anyone believed I could be under age 18...

Would you be flattered? What if you had no drivers license on your person as you were not driving.. someone else was or you were walking to the supermarket because it was only 10 mins. away from your house.. and who carries their passport in their purse or wallet...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1104301/Te...

• Roger
    Favorite Answer

Ach, I'd be flattered really... what's the harm, the checkout assistant is just doing her job and sometimes sitting behind a counter it can be hard to judge ages... and if tesco does that challenge 25 thing then she could easily look under 25.

I'm 20 and got asked for I.D. for a 15 film! I didn't mind but then again if I hadn't had my drivers license I would have been annoyed at not getting the DVD (it was a bargain!!)

Lol I don't believe you. I don't know that I believe honesty is the best policy. Even if its the truth. Sometimes silence is a more dignified approach. I can't stand consistent fishing tho either. I never lie to make someone feel better. But I very rarely offer the truth to avoid hurting. BA: You know very well given that circumstance that she will infact do it. Why because you apparently made her question her viability so there for your psychology will work as she will want to some how in a twisted way prove her self by infact trying to impress & show the dude that made her feel like complete crap that shes not past expiration. F'n men & their twisted insult a b*tch reverse psych. Your chances are very high.

Yes I am, and I'm 42 in two days. I love it when I get carded, but most of the clerks know me well.

I don't carry a purse, as I've had too many stolen. I carry a mans' wallet in my pocket. If I didn't have my wallet, I wouldn't have a card to pay for beer in the first place. It's happened where my husband had to come in to buy beer with me, but they knew me there.

I do live in a small town, but get carded when I go to the city.

ADD-It's the law in Texas that if you don't look like your over 40, you get carded anyway.

I am 40 this year and have been asked for my id in pubs and clubs and supermarkets many, many times over the years. Weekly as a pub going teenager and probably 3 times last year in ASDA and Waitrose.

I love it and often point out my children in a photo or as they clamber over the in store thomas tank or whatever.

Yes....considering 40 and 18 is a very big gap in age

i would be quite flattered *blush* haha

I suppose that I would be flattered, although I haven't been carded since I was in my mid-30s. As I recall, my immediate thought was that the bartender was sampling his wares too liberally. Curiously, he did not card my much younger date.

Carded for alcohol - love it!! Carded for cigarettes pisses me off. I may not look almost 40 but I DEFINATLY look over 18!!! Plus some of the concert venues card EVERYONE - even if you're 70 with grey hair & a cane.....

I find it annoying when people do that to me. It feels like they're invalidating my maturity and treating me like a little kid. Then again, I'm not 40 yet. Maybe I'll find it amusing when I am.

i guess the check out women is only used to checking their customers regardless what they look like.You can fake what you look like but not your id.lol

I'd be pissed because blindly following the rules when it's clearly not necessary is stupid.