I Have A Question About Shia'ism......?

Salaam,

I don't mean this in a rude way or anything, but WHEN was Shia'ism started?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Salam,

my answer is a bit long, but if you REALLY REALLY want to know the answer, please take the time to read it.

firs of all based on the Holy Quran:

37:83:

"And lo! of his persuasion verily was Abraham"

(the original word used in the arabic version instead of "persuasion" is "Shia")

---

28:15:

"And he went into the city at a time of unvigilance on the part of its people, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his party..."

(again the original word in the arabic text instead of the word "party" is the word "Shia")

ok, let's see when our diffrneces got started and why it started.

we belive in Imam Ali (as) as teh leader of Islam after prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

we follow him.

but why do we follow him and not the other 3 caliphs?

please note that these are ALL from SUNNI books, so please don't say it's a Shia made up thing:

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said: “Do I not have more right over the believers than what they have over themselves?” People cried and answered: “Yes, O’ Messenger of God.” Then Prophet (PBUH) held up the hand of Ali and said: “Whoever I am his leader (Mawla), Ali is his leader (Mawla). O’ God, love those who love him, and be hostile to those who are hostile to him.”

Some of the Sunni references:

(1) Sahih Tirmidhi, v2, p298, v5, p63

(2) Sunan Ibn Maja, v1, pp 12,43

(3) Khasa’is, by al-Nisa’i, pp 4,21

(4) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p129, v3, pp 109-110,116,371

(5) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,118,119,152,330, v4, pp 281,368,370,

372,378, v5, pp 35,347,358,361,366,419 (from 40 chains of narrators)

(6) Fada’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Hanbal, v2, pp 563,572

(7) Majma’ al-Zawa’id, by al-Haythami, v9, p103 (from several transmitters)

(8) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50

(9) Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19

(10) Tarikh al-Khulafa, by al-Suyuti, pp 169,173

(11) al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213, v5, p208

(12) Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn Athir, v4, p114

(13) Mushkil al-Athar, by al-Tahawi, v2, pp 307-308

(14) Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part 3, p144

(15) Sawaiq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, p26

Immediately after Prophet (PBUH&HF) finished his speech, the following verse of Holy Quran was revealed:

“Today I have perfected your religion and completed my bounty upon

you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion.” (Quran 5:3)

Some of Sunni references which mentioned the revelation of the above

verse of Quran in Ghadir Khum after the speech of the Prophet:

(1) al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19

(2) Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8, pp 290,596 from Abu Hurayra

(3) Manaqaib, by Ibn Maghazali, p19

(4) History of Damascus, Ibn Asakir, v2, p75

(5) al-Itqan, by al-Suyuti, v1, p13

(6) Manaqib, by Khawarazmi al-Hanfi, p80

(7) al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213

(8) Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p115

(9) Nuzul al-Quran, by al-Hafiz Abu Nu’aym narrated on the authority

Abu Sa’id Khudri.

… and more.

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up the matter of leadership after Prophet was not completed, and the completion of religion was due to announcement of Prophet’s immediate successor.

After his speech, the Messenger of Allah asked everybody to give the oath of allegiance to Ali (AS) and congratulate him. Among those who gave him the oath were Umar, Abu Bakr, and Uthman. It is narrated that Umar and Abu Bakr said:

“Well done Ibn Abi Talib! Today you became the leader (Mawla) of all

believing men and women.”

Sunni references:

(1) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v4, p281

(2) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50

(3) Mishkat al-Masabih, by al-Khatib al-Tabrizi, p557

(4) Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part3, p144

(5) Kitabul Wilayah, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari

(6) al-Musannaf, by Ibn Abi Shaybah

(7) al-Musnad, by Abu Ya’ala

(8) Hadith al-Wilayah, by Ahmad Ibn `Uqdah

(9) Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8, pp 290,596 from Abu Hurayra

as you can see the religon of Islam was completed when Allah SWT used Mohammad (PBUH) to anounce Ali (as) as the leader of Islam after the prophet, and when Mohammad (PBUH) did so, EXACTLY AT THAT MOMENT Islam was completed.

now the question is, when did sunni-ism started? and why it got started?

Peace.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Uu should change ure pic it makes all Muslims look bad to outsiders and to the person who said they'd rather be kaffir u would be kaffir if u believed some Shia and Christian insanity

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think any of Shia or Sunnis are fundementaly wrong, but it's a good idea to give this some thought:

On Zihajje 18th when prophet Mohammad was going to his last Hajj, God inspired him "O Mohammad, If you don't tell this to Muslims, you haven't completed your mission"

So he asked Muslims to wait there (in Ghadir Khom) and then told them that "Whoever I was his leader, now Ali is his leader"

He said this in full view of over 120'000 Muslims. After appointing the leader of Muslims (Imam Ali), God sent this verse "Today I completed my job and your religion for you."

Later, at prophet Mohammad's funeral, when people were busy burying him, Omar called Abu Bakr and they went and in a small committee among themselves chose Abu Bakr as the leader for Muslim. Although Ali complained that Mohammad had appointed him to the leadership of Muslims, they didn't listen to him and even insulted him and ahlolbayt. Later, Abu Bakr chose Omar as the 2d Khalife and later Osman was chosen as the 3d Khalife. Osman was a corrupt Khaif, so after assassinating him, people asked Ali to become Khalife.

Shi'a are those who never forgot twho their true leaders were (the 12 Imams) and Sunnis are those who say only the Quran and Sunnah are sufficient for Muslims. That's the main difference.

Prophet Mohammad said "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its door"

Prophet Mohammad had said in numerous occasions that after him, Ali will be the leader. Do you think he or God would leave Islam alone to be destroyed after him or would he appoint suitable people (his ahlul bayt) to protect the teachings of Islam?

All Imams were either imporisoned or assassinated but their works and guidance continued to enlighten people whenever they had the chance to.

(except for the 12th Imam Mahdi)

The question is if Islam were complete before with Quran, why would God say that without appointing the leader of Muslims, prophet Mohammad has not completed his mission (Islam)?

• When The real muslims declaired them selves as shia of Ali (as)

And it was after prophet muhammad when Those people who hungry for power disobey Rasulllah And went to saqifa bani saeeda and

also when those people said that prophet is saying nonsense

AstaghfurUllah

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When the misguided Aisha led her little band of misguided Ali-haters away and then they almost starved and died of thirst and fought among themselves in the desert and they figured out Allah was punishing them for following her (they probably also got a much better glimpse of the tragedy of her personality disorders, despite the wonderful loving person she was and is) and so when Yazid showed up to ask for their loyalty to him as Ali was now dead, they threw their shoes at Yazid and swore allegiance to Ali and his lineage by the prophecy of Muhammad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wsalam bro im sunni but i dont think muslims should do this comparing thing bw sunnis and shias as long as well all believe in Allah and his prophets and message, leave this stuff bring peace to this world...not you only bro everyone!

peace x

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When people started to follow Prophet Muhhamed !I

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

300 years after the death of the prophet. Long after Islam was given to them complete.

Those that did that to Jesus also murdered everyone around him, as you see those around Muhammed SAW all murdered also. Did you forget who did all the killing?

Source(s): Ankaboot
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

shia'ism is started when uthman (RA) was a caliph as Islam were in highest peek

Yahood were jealous of islam's conquest

one yahoodi Ibn Saba introduced the concept of waliyat e Ali and started cursing first three caliphs.( even by shias own sources),to weaken the islamic power .and deviding them.

Shi'a Sources

Shi'a sources verify the existence of Abdullah bin Saba, who is mentioned by the foremost authorities of Shi'ite biography and Hadith and the Infallible's .

[edit] Shi'a Biographies

Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Musa al-Nubakhti [23] and Tāj al-Dīn Abū al-Fath Muhammad ibn `Abd al-Karīm ash-Shahrastānī [24] wrote:

"Abdullah bin Saba', was one of those who slandered Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman and the Companions and disowned them. He claimed that it was Ali who enjoined this on him. Ali arrested him, and upon interrogation, admitted to the charge, and (Ali) ordered him to be executed. The People cried 'O Chief of Believers ! Do you execute a man calling to your love, Ahlul-Bayt, to your allegiance, and disowning your enemies?' He (Ali) then exiled him to al-Mada'in (Capital of Iran back then). Some of the knowledgeable companions of Ali narrated that Abdullah bin Saba' was a Jew who embraced Islam and sided with Ali [as]. That he was of the opinion, at the time when he was a Jew, claiming that Yousha' bin Noon is after Moses. After his submission to Islam, after the demise of the Prophet [pbuh&hf], he claimed the same for Ali [as]. He was the first to publicly mandate the Imamah of Ali [as], disowning his enemies, and debated his opposers. From thence, those who oppose Shi'ism say: The origin of Shi'ism is rooted in Judaism. When Abdullah bin Saba' heard of the demise of Ali while in (his exile at) al-Mada'in, he said to the announcer of the news: 'You are a liar, if you are to bring his head in seventy bags, and brought seventy witnesses testifying to his death, we'll insist that he did not die nor murdered, and (he) shall not die till he rules the globe.'"

Naubakhti further added:

"It is known as the Sabai sect because Abdullah bin Saba was its ring leader."[25]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At the deathbed of Rasoolallah (saww) when Umer yelled at him. READ SAHIH BUUKHARI

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It started 1400 years ago !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.