kc asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Im looking for a good book?

im 15 but that doesn't really matter considering i read books for all ages. Also, i don't really have a genre of books which i prefer..here are a few books that i like:

The Long Hard Road Out of Hell by Marilyn Manson

The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger

Sex, Drugs, and CoCoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Looking For Alaska by John Green(and his other books)

Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer

A Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

My Friend Leonard by James Frey

A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown

Journals by Kurt Cobain

Sign of Seven Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Dear Diary by Lesley Arfin

also all of Ellen Hopkin's books

Favorite Answer

I definitely have a good list for you. I think there is a big gap between being a 15 year old reader and a 17 or 18 year old reader, but, I will recommend you these books anyway, assuming you like to think, understand, and learn. Most of them will be romance, about experiences, lessons, (love, of course)...but others will be simply about people who come from all walks of life. I think you'll love them.

The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck.

- This book is what you would probably call "old" but it is amazingly up to date when it comes to ideas and experiences. The feelings are intense, the characters are vivid, the plots are many. The theme, you have to find it yourself. But in the end, you'll probably understand. If you are an avid reader, I suggest this one more than all the rest.

The Choice, by Nicholas Sparks

-Since you're a girl, I assume you've read The Notebook and A Walk to Remember (at LEAST) or other Nicholas Sparks novels. If you haven't read this one, I recommend it. It's a very touching love story about a man trying to piece his life back together, and throughout the story he flashes back to when he met the woman he loved so much...well, I don't like to spoil endings...so I'll leave it at that. It is sad, and even a little suspenseful, but, it's a great book.

Something Blue, by Emily Giffin.

-This book is very cute, it is something you'll enjoy reading, since you're in high school. It is kind of like a chick-flick kind of book, with a sweet, (it sort of surprised me), ending. The author has a very modern style of writing and she's great at portraying women still in their youth. This book makes you laugh a lot, it just has a lot of funny moments, and I'm sure it will make you gasp more than once.

Handyman, by Linda Nichols

-This is probably the sweetest love story I've ever read! I remember reading this book and not being able to put it down. It's the kind of thing that you want to happen to you, so exciting, so happy. It will make you forget about a lot of things and remind you of that butterfly feeling-you know, another cheesy romance. I love the plot. It was original. One of the few happy endings that I like, haha. It was just so much fun.

The Locket, by Richard Paul Evans.

-Sigh...how to describe this one? I remember picking it up at the library and always doing my "risky moves", lol. It wasn't so much of romance. It is narrated by a guy, and after his mom dies, he goes to work at a nursing home, where he doesn't expect to find much. He ends up befriending an old lady, who has a whole crazy story of her own...and you realize how much she's lived, and all she's seen. It is really touching, and like the main character, you just want to listen to what she has to teach you about life. I don't remember great details but I have a few memories of certain things I felt from this book. I always remembered to keep it in my favorites list. It is so unlike the girly books I usually read. I liked it so much.

AND....FINALLY....(I don't want to give you too many because this is like a test run. You can always e-mail me for more favorites if you like these).

Blue Diary, by Alice Hoffman.

-I left my most favorite for last. Cause this one will always be on my top. This book was tragic to me. Not in death or in injury, not in physical pain. But it was the most hurtful story I've ever read. An amazingly happy, young (perfect) couple's world is destroyed when the husband's past gets in the way of their future...This story involves many people, a family, a few friends...victims. But it was beautifully told. I don't know if you might like the end, because I don't know what kind of books you like to read, but, I think I liked it. I am still trying to figure it out to this day. This book. oh God...haha, I would read it over and over if I had it. It was everything in neatly put together novel. Try this one first. It's SO worth it. Read the book jacket. You'll know what I'm talking about and you won't be able to wait to open it.

Those are a lot of great books that I've also read

Here are some others:

~ Just Listen

~ The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. It is amazzzing =) .It's about this girl whose dad passed away and she works at a catering company. This guy who works with her gets to know her and they play this game called 'truth' which one person asks the other question and they have to answer truthfully.

~ Franny and Zooey by J. D. Salinger

~ The Secret Life of Bees

~ 13 Little Blue Envelopes

~ Dairy Queen

~ Any other books by Sarah Dessen

~ Bel Canto: This book is about hostages in a mansion in a South American country, a lavish party is taking place. An American opera singer is entertaining the guests, dignitaries and high-ranking officials from around the world, when suddenly the room is plunged into darkness. Terrorists invade the mansion and set in motion a series of events that alters the life of every person involved.

~ A Certain Slant of Light

~ The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

~ How I Live Now

~ The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

~ Monster by Walter Dean Myers

~ Life of Pi by Yann Martel, this book is different but a very good read...has to do with survival and sanity

~ I Want to Live

~ The Lord of the Rings trilogy - amazing to read even if you have watched the movies

~ When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin

~ Bread and Roses Too

~ Inkheart...sequal is Inkspell

There are tons of great books out there

Here's a website I go to a lot to find a new book to read =] Hope it helps

http://www.teenreads.com/features/ultimate-reading...

Answer truthful to these concerns: Do you never have to think about money due to the fact that you always have more than you can invest? Do you live in a home that is so incredible in every method you have to pinch yourself every day making sure you're not dreaming? Do you never ever concern yourself with your health because you always look fantastic every day? Do you never worry about your close relationships because they are pleased and unified and you always feel liked and pleased? Do you never grumble about anything at all?-- if the answer of any of this concern is no than you simply can be found in the best location, with this guide https://tr.im/41QRJ , Manifestation Miracle you will find the fact on ways to get all you desire from life.

The Manifestation Miracle is a 159 page, step by action guide that can show you how to get the type of life you want. It' not some magic pill or some type of hocus pocus. The purpose of this guide is to be able to assist you look at the world in a different way, alter your mindset and as an outcome change your idea process. It' only when you do this will you have an opportunity to manifest things you want to. This guide does an excellent job of revealing you what you have to perform in order to begin making modifications for the much better.

There are books like Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr all by Christopher Paoloni.

They're about Eragon being a dragon rider and saving Alagaesia act.

Or if not them then there are the Tomorrow Series by John Marsden I think

- about a bunch of kids going hiking, when they come back they realise Australia has been invaded.

Or there is The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

- about Aliens having hosts or something i forget.

The Northern Lights series, thats the first book of the series, if you've seen the Golden Compass, those are the books for it.

Lord Of The Rings by J.R.Tolkein, that should keep you going for awhile at least.

- who doesn't know what it's about?

Deltora Quest by Emilr Rodda I think, I forget.

- Basically a quest in deltora haha.

Sorry I can't think of any more.

Source(s): i read alot

You might enjoy Alice Sebold's memoir, Lucky. I must warn you though, it is disturbing.

Have you ever read any Jodi Picoult? Her novels are usually pretty interesting.

A book that I really enjoyed was Travels With Charlie by John Steinbeck.

Here are some other suggestions:

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini (I'm not sure on the spelling of this name)

The Kite Runner by Khaled Housseini

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

Kissing Doorknobs....not sure about the author

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zhora Neale Hurston (I think that's the author)

The Memory Keeper's Daughter--not sure of the author

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

Its very sad, but amazingly well written.

Also, Host by Stephanie Meyer

i read twilight, host is a little hard to follow, but good.

Nick and Norahs Infinate Playlist is better than the movie, (althought its a short book).

Sea Glass is a good book. i dont remember the authors name, but it was very good.

Crank is a very good book, too.

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

This is an extremely good book. It's hard to explain but it's about the future, after mankind basically destroyed the earth (global warming, destroying forests, polluting the ocean, etc) survivors made a new society where there's no argueing, war, etc. Everyone is considered "ugly" until they turn 16 and have this sugery that makes them "pretty" and they move to this part of town where all they do is have fun and party all day and night. Tally, the main character cant wait to turn pretty. She meets Shay who's a rebal and convinces Tally to leave the city for a night to see what's out in the wilderness. Tally learns all kinds of things about being pretty and the truth is.. it's not really pretty. EXTREMELY good, and the sequals (Pretties, Specials) are even better. It's full of adventures, cool technologies, romance, etc. There's also a fourth book from another perspective and it's set in Japan called Extras.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This book is also set in the future and is extremely intense like you're actually in the book. It's setting is in Panem, a city that's now in what's left of North America (which has become smaller after global warming and melting of the ice caps). Surrounding Panem are 12 districts where each year, one boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen to be in the Hunger Games where they are put into an arena and battle each other and try to survive until there's only one left and is the winner. There's also romance in it and gets kind of sad. I cried at one point. haha but it's really good. Stephanie Meyers, author of Twilight, even recommended it.

Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Stolarz

It's the first of it's series and is also really good. It's about a girl named Camelia who lives a normal life - dating, has friends, decent grades. But, one day when she was picking an earing that she dropped crossing the street, a car was coming towards her and it wasn't stopping. Suddenly, a hot guy shoves her out of the way, saving her life. He left without her saying thank you or asking what his name was. Three months later, she's starting her junior year in high school and there's this rumor about a new guy named Ben who supposedly killed his girlfriend. Camelia doesn't believe in rumors and when she sees Ben, it's the guy who saved her life. She tries to talk to him but he ignores her at first, but later Ben begins touching her weirdly but Camilia only gets more drawn to him. She later finds out he's not ordinary. He can know the future or past of a person by touching a person and he senses that Camelia's in great danger. Really intense but good with a twisted love triangle.

I've read twilight and loved it but i thought these books were almost as good or even better.

Other books I've heard were good and planning to read is Need by Carrie Jones, Evernight by Claudia Gray, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater, Beastley by Alex Flinn, Old Magic by Marianne Curley, Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, the Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Stolarz, and Evermore by Alyson Noel (coming out in February)

I recommend Need by Carrie Jones if you really liked Twilight. I heard it was really similar but with werewolves instead of vampires. Even the guy, nick, is supposedly really "hot" haha. Some people told me they liked it better than Twilight too. So yeah.. you should check it out

The Secret Life of Bees

If you intend to discover ways to create deeper securities and build more significant associations with girls, then that https://tr.im/gdpA4 may be worth checking out.

Tao of Badass is a good manual if you want a greater comprehension of why girls are attracted to strong, confident men.

Tao of Badass covers a lot of the main concepts that are important to improving your accomplishment with women. Explains important topics such as why girls check guys and the significance of gender jobs really well.

It also provide stable information on producing rapport and contacts with girls and has a lot of added material in the people area. 

The Butterfly Tattoo - Philip Pullman