Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

shawn marion to raptors for jermaine oneal? (trade rumor)?

what do you think of this trade? the heat would have to give up one more player (marcus banks?) that has around a 4million dollar contract to make the numbers work, but i still see it as win-win for both teams. the raptors get that athletic wingman they have been looking for and the heat get that much needed centre down low. what are your thoughts?

• Favorite Answer

I would love this trade to happen. Jermaine has been hurting me for fantasy basketball and he could take the center and haslem the power forward and beasley small forward. At a different point of view, this trade can actually be better for the raptors. Moving oneal (who takes up a lot of cap space) is a good idea and getting marion is a good move. Then, they could have jose calderon at starting (will solomon currently), anthony parker/jamario moon at shooting guard, marion at sf, chris bosh at pf, and bargnani at c. They can also get one player like marcus banks or james jones.

No deal, I like O'neal but he's on the injured list too much. Getting id of Marion free's up a few more minutes for Beasley but you'd stil have the same problem as O'Neal is only going to give you 30 or 40 games a season. Toronto gets the best of that deal because Marion actually plays.

Jump 20 inches higher in 10 weeks:

http://www.program51.com

It will be a very good trade for the heat because they dont have center, see the other night they played Laker. It is just a shame for their inside players vs Bynum and Gasol. So a HEALTHY oneal will help the heat. But I dont think it is good for the raptors because they dont need super marion. So unlikely the trade happens.

• ?

Definitely a win win depending on who the other player is that the raptors get. O'neal will give the Heat another tall man which i think they need and Marion is a good shooter and is decently fast which plays in perfectly for the raptors. the only deal is do the GM's think it's better for their teams in the long run.

This is a win win trade.

The Heat need an inside presence and the raptors need a good SF.

Although I'm not sold if Bargnani is really as good as he's been the last few games.

At this point in their careers, I think Marion is the better player. He would compliment Bosh. And, another player would be icing on the cake. Just do it!!!

• This trade could work. not saying it definitely will.

Thats not going to happen