How do I fix windows vista when it is slow and says not responding and application hang ups?

It is very slow and I also get a blue screen message, it shuts down and starts up on its own. I am also on dial-up. Help simplify this for me.

Favorite Answer

Windows freezes or stops responding frequently.

This issue could be caused by any of the below possibilities.

1. Software related issue.

2. Driver related issue.

3. Operating system related issue.

4. Heat related issue.

5. Hardware issue.

6. Serious issue with Windows

7. Hardware failure.

An easy way to determine if your computer is in this situation is by pressing the Num Lock button on the keyboard and watching the Num Lock led to see if it turns off and/or on.

If you're able to get the light to turn off an on, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and attempt to end task the program.

Software related issue

A computer locking up or freezing is often is caused by a software related issue. If you're encountering lockups when the computer is opening a particular program, make sure you have all the latest updates for that program.

Update your registry cleaner tool, scan you pc.

Use the tool: http://downloadlk.com/themosteffectiveregistryclea... [if you do not have one]

Driver related issue

A computer lock up can also be caused by drivers. For example, if there is an issue that exists with your video drivers a computer could lock up while playing a game or displaying any other type of video. Make sure you have the latest drivers for all major devices in your computer (video, sound, modem, and network). Operating system related issue

Make sure your operating system has all of the latest updates installed on it.

Heat related issue

If the computer processor is getting too hot it can cause the computer to freeze. If you have heard any abnormal noises coming from your computer recently such as a high squealing, this could indicate a fan may be failing in your computer.

I used to have the same exact problem with Windows Vista. Through trial and error I found out that some of the applications I loaded from my old XP computer that did not work with Vista were the cause of my problem.

When I uninstalled the programs that did not work they screwed up my registry. This caused Windows Vista to become very slow and lock up on me among other things. this program really helped clear up my problems http://tinyurl.com/bbleyu

You can edit your registry manually if you know which program is causing the hangup. But using the software is much easier and safer

I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. The best PC cleaner and antivirus program is CCleaner, it's very light and it's the only antivirus/cleaner with a 99.99% detection rate.

CCleaner is also a PC booster so your computer will be running faster than nomal. Download it here for free: http://bit.ly/1mQZhtQ

• couron

superb ingredient to do although if it rather is definitely contaminated as you're saying it rather is, reload vista from scratch, offering you have the dvd, only boot from it and decide clean deploy. different clever you would be spending hours attempting to scrub your device, it is extra complicated than reloading living house windows which will in easy terms take approximately half-hour on a well known computing gadget.

Hi,

You can speed up your pc and get rid of viruses, worms and trojans by cleaning up your register. A good free program is CCleaner. Link here http://j.mp/UrADII

It's a very good program and easy to use.

i use Registry Easy

Registry Easy cleans the errors & invalid entries that cause system slowdown, freezing and crashing. Repair registry problems! Improve your PC performance!

after use this my pc run more smooth

Defrag your hard drive. Try Diskeeper, its the best. Free trialware at www.diskeeper.com

emty ur recycle bin ininstall some programs that arent nesecery