Two yr old with itchy feet?

The past few weeks our 2 yr old daughter has been rubbing her feet on the carpet and saying her feet are itchy. Whe I looked at them they looked a little red and blotchy BUT it was only on her feet and she doesn't go out much, so I figured it was the dry air in the house. I tried putting an oatmeal baby body... show more The past few weeks our 2 yr old daughter has been rubbing her feet on the carpet and saying her feet are itchy. Whe I looked at them they looked a little red and blotchy BUT it was only on her feet and she doesn't go out much, so I figured it was the dry air in the house. I tried putting an oatmeal baby body cream on her feet, but then a few days ago I noticed that she had a raw looking big toe. It looked like the skin had started to peal away and I thought it was just from the rubbing on the carpet. I have an antibiotic ointment she had for something else last year and have tried putting that on it with a bandaid. Although that seemed to work, she is still rubbing her feet on the carpet! Any suggesstions?
Update: Well, since she stays in most days (with no scks on) and we have wall-to-wall carpet (we rent), I'm leaning towards maybe needing our carpets cleaned. Just waiting for nicer day and will aks my friend with carpet steamer to come by. As for the diabetic thought - I will get her checked as my dad-in-law is... show more Well, since she stays in most days (with no scks on) and we have wall-to-wall carpet (we rent), I'm leaning towards maybe needing our carpets cleaned. Just waiting for nicer day and will aks my friend with carpet steamer to come by. As for the diabetic thought - I will get her checked as my dad-in-law is diabetic (needles daily) and my hubby is hypoglycemic. Thanks!