Two yr old with itchy feet?

The past few weeks our 2 yr old daughter has been rubbing her feet on the carpet and saying her feet are itchy. Whe I looked at them they looked a little red and blotchy BUT it was only on her feet and she doesn't go out much, so I figured it was the dry air in the house. I tried putting an oatmeal baby body cream on her feet, but then a few days ago I noticed that she had a raw looking big toe. It looked like the skin had started to peal away and I thought it was just from the rubbing on the carpet. I have an antibiotic ointment she had for something else last year and have tried putting that on it with a bandaid. Although that seemed to work, she is still rubbing her feet on the carpet! Any suggesstions?

Update:

Well, since she stays in most days (with no scks on) and we have wall-to-wall carpet (we rent), I'm leaning towards maybe needing our carpets cleaned. Just waiting for nicer day and will aks my friend with carpet steamer to come by. As for the diabetic thought - I will get her checked as my dad-in-law is diabetic (needles daily) and my hubby is hypoglycemic. Thanks!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

there are acids at the bottom of our feet every one has it. it may feel external to her but it is really internal. what you should do is give her a foot rub to get the acids out of that one spot. the acids are toxins but are driven to the feet because we stand on them all the time, also what you could do is stop at a drug store like wallgreens or cvs and they have these pads that remove the toxins they are safe and natural and was invented in ancient china. their called detox foot pads.

hope i helped

:]

xoxo,

juliaaaa

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

• I'm not trying to worry you because it could be any number of things, but I know when I was young my feet would itch and even burned a bit. They were red at times and splotchy especially on the ball and heel. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, after presenting many other symptoms as well, and told that is a symptom or precursor if you will. Some other things to look out for- Does she have dark circles under her eyes, complain of stomach aches, is she thirsty or using the bathroom a lot? All of these suggest there could be an issue. Is there a history of Diabetes in your family on either side? Like I said, not trying to worry you, could be a million things, but I would get her checked out. If the doc says no- still get her checked once a year for at least a couple of years just to be sure. Itchy, sore feet and dark circles under my eyes were my first symptoms. I had the circles as young as 18 months and wasn't diagnosed until age 5. I wish you the best- hopefully it is something minor like a skin rash or something. Do be proactive about it though.

Source(s): Juvenile onset Diabetic for 17 years.
  • teresa
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Itchy Soles Of Feet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Itchy Bottom Of Feet

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Two yr old with itchy feet?

The past few weeks our 2 yr old daughter has been rubbing her feet on the carpet and saying her feet are itchy. Whe I looked at them they looked a little red and blotchy BUT it was only on her feet and she doesn't go out much, so I figured it was the dry air in the house. I tried putting an...

Source(s): yr itchy feet: https://tinyurl.im/r0UWI
  • 1 decade ago

Athlete's foot! I get it often from going into public showers after swimming, wearing water-shoes for extended periods of time, wearing socks and sweating in them and not washing my feet completely, etc. It usually results in itchy feet and peeling of the skin on the bottom, especially on my toes because of the tender skin. It's important to treat it early because if they become open sores it can lend itself to siphyllis or a staf infection. Just get some anti-fungal spray and wash and spray her feet every morning before you put her socks on. Also a good idea to spray all her shoes with it too! if you don't want the spray get the powder or the cream...I believe the spray works best but it's up to you. I would recommend Tinactin above other brands.

• 3 years ago

Try checking for restless leg syndrome, possibly exacerbated by anemia. Two years and seven doctors later, that s what turned out to be the issue with my son. His condition was made worse by anemia because he was eating a lot of milk and yogurt at the same time he was eating foods like meat that contain iron, because too much calcium interferes with your body s ability to metabolize iron. Sometimes what a child calls"itchy feet" may actually be there effort to describe a different set of symptoms, like the discomfort associated with the condition with the dubious name of restless leg syndrome. Now he eats a small amount of meat every day – at least 3 ounces – along with something with vitamin C which helps improve absorption of iron and he s fine. It does, however, take a while for the iron levels to get back to normal. Often a couple of months.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It may be athletes foot (that's what it sounds like)

Since she is so young, I wouldn't use the store brand on her

Get her a doctors appointment, because he can prescribe something safe for her age

It's a pain in the butt, but an easy fix

• 1 decade ago

sounds like athletes feet, keep up the oatmeal get some athletes feet meds, if it doesnt clear up in a week or gets worse after 2 days of ointment...go to the doc. make sure she wears socks with her shoes. in fact keep socks on her till this clears up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.