Has bipartisanship died now that Obama's stimulus (pork) plan got not a single GOP vote in the house?

......or am I just "hoping" too much for a "change"?

The most popular in history?....Republicans a trash heap?sheesh...He's been in office a couple of weeks now?

Favorite Answer

It was a foregone conclusion that would happen, no matter what Obama did. The GOP is, in part, flexing its muscle and also saying the bailout is wrong, at least in its current form.

It will change in the Senate where the dems don't have as heavy a majority.

We'll see how it all plays out.

For now, as far as bi partisanship goes, Obama did what he promised and I believe he will continue with that.

Peace

Jim

.

There is a great deal of Pork in the bill. The Senate will work some of the kinks out.

bipartisanship? Billions for ACORN...how much was devoted to the Heritage Foundation...what?....not mentioned?

No, he has basically 4 or 5 supporters in the two homes now, like Nancy Pelosi, Al Franken, Harry Reid, Barney Frank and Charles Rangal (possibly)`````````````````````````````````...

it had definitely died. But because GOP are the ONLY SMART ONES LEFT. They are the only ones who see this "stimulus" (spending/pork) package for what it is. Obama can keep his "change" I'll just stick with what works.

I think it was smart of them not to sign off on such a huge package.

I would love to debate the people here that support the plan if they knew what was in it.

Only a loon would have signed off on that.

• LG

The Republicans refuse to change. They want to defy the most popular president in history...it is their own butt they just cut off.

The Republicans will be relegated to the trash heap of history.

First of so many obama failures. Since his failure is good for America it is OK to celebrate!

in all fairness they were in the meeting