03' Tiburon GT Standard, Tranny Fluid or DOT 3 or 4 break fluid?

i just installed my new clutch and flywheel and now i need to know if it takes tranny fluid or break fluid? if break fluid DOT 3? DOT 4?

Thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

for transmission, It takes ATF fluid like 75W-90 or 75W-85W. For brake and clutch, Dot 3 or DOT 4.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Brake fluid. Read the DOT specs on the brake fluid reservoir and use what it calls for in the clutch reservoir too.

If you don't see any reference use DOT 4. The higher DOT number is good for previous numbers but you can't use DOT 3 if DOT 4 is called for, it will ruin the rubber seals in the system.When bleeding the clutch you will need a friend to pump the clutch pedal 3 times and hold the pedal to the floor while you quickly crack the bleeder on the slave cylinder. Usually the pedal stays on the floor when released and you need to pull the pedal up by hand. Just do all the pumping by hand, it's easier. Don't be surprised if it takes a while to bleed the air, clutch hydraulics are more trouble to bleed than the brake system.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 1 decade ago

The brake and clutch master cylinders are the the same on this car - both share the same fluid which is DOT 4.

• 4 years ago

Ok dude, I have had an experience just like you. You may think you will never get over her but you will in time. What you need to do is stop writing her notes, stop checking her facebook, avoid any kind of communication with her as possible. It may still hurt when you see or hear of her, but if you stay away for long enough then you will forget about her long enough to find someone else. Once you have someone else, you shouldn't care anymore. Then you can talk to your ex. as friends...if u want to. Plus, the girl might make her jealous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

should say right on the brake fluid cap

• 1 decade ago

Check your manual or phone down to dealer and ask, its that simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.